Search in results panel.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
pencilhead

Search in results panel.

Post by pencilhead »

Hi, is it possible to have a search in the results panel when multiple hits are found.
For example.
Star.Wars.The.Bad.Batch.S01E16.720p.WEB.H264-EMPATHY.mkv
Returned results is
"The Bad Bach"
which is down the list and hard to find
It would be good if typing a keyword when the results panel is active - searched for key word result.l
For example, If type "Bad" - it searches the results and take you to that result. ie: anything with "bad" in it.

I did notice that it will give a find result if you type the full name.
eg.
if I type "the b" - it will take you to the result, but you need to know the correct name from search results.
for example, there are results for "star trek continues" or "star trek: enterprise" - unless you know the result has a ":" in the name, it is hard to find. You would have to type "star trek: e" to be taken to the result. It would be better to be able to type "enterprise" and get all results with enterprise in the name.

Also it is hard to identify which file it is searching for if there are multiple files with same starting name.
For example:
searching for:
Star.Trek.Lower.Decks.S02E01.Strange.Energies.720p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
Star.Wars.The.Bad.Batch.S01E16.720p.WEB.H264-EMPATHY.mkv
returns:
Failed to identify some of the following files:
* Star.Trek.Lower.Decks.S02E01.Strange.Energies.720p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
* Star.Wars.The.Bad.Batch.S01E16.720p.WEB.H264-EMPATHY.mkv
Select best batch for "Star"
then there is a list of results.

Problem is I don't know if result is for
Star.Trek.Lower.Decks
or
Star.Wars.The.Bad.Batch
rednoah
The Source

Re: Search in results panel.

Post by rednoah »

Can you share screenshots that illustrate the problem?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pencilhead

Post by pencilhead »

Hi,
When I search for files where there are multiple results:
https://ibb.co/GxBcdFM

The result panel, lists possible results for user to select.
https://ibb.co/Xxy6yb2
It would be great to have a search function in this panel, for when the result is way down the list, so you don't have to scroill up and down to find it.

Problem 2:
You don't know which result, the result panel is giving feedback on.
In this example, it has searched "star". I don't know if the results are for "star wars: the bad batch" or "star trek:The lower decks"
I need to scroll up and down and guess at which one.
https://ibb.co/5BCKSZq

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Problem 1 & 2:

The dialog refers to both files at the same time. So when it asks for "Star" you can just press Skip, or select the series name "Star", or any other series, doesn't really matter. In my test case, it asked for "Star Trek" as well. Again, Skip or select "Star Trek", doesn't matter. And it works. The key is to click Skip when the question doesn't make sense.

TL;DR Skip ➔ Skip ➔ Done

:idea: Internally, FileBot comes up with lots of search queries, and FileBot doesn't know in advance which one is good (e.g. "Star Wars The Bad Batch") and which one is bad (e.g. "Star"). It just so happens that - in this particular case - the good query candidate yields one single result thus no choices to make, while the bad query candidate yields lots of choices for you to choose from.
pencilhead

Post by pencilhead »

Ohh - OK. That works.
Thanks.

What about search in results panel? I think that might be a good idea, for those oddball ones, if its not too hard to implement. ;)
Cheers.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

pencilhead wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 02:53 What about search in results panel? I think that might be a good idea, for those oddball ones, if its not too hard to implement. ;)
Fixed. Please try FileBot r8742 and confirm:
viewtopic.php?t=1609