Problem correcting renaming

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
jesulito

Problem correcting renaming

Post by jesulito »

Hi!
I am using Filebot (paid) on Mac.
When I rename some series or movies, in my Spanish language there is a small error because for example, when the title of the series / movie has a "?" it gives me two options:
- (Validate) Delete trailing symbol "?": This is not correct because Mac or any system accepts a symbol "?" in my language.
-Continue: is the correct option because it would leave me the symbol "?" but if I have several corrections I cannot choose that some can be validated (other correct renaming with other symbols such as ":" which I do want to remove) or cancel corrections (such as the "?" symbol).

That is, if I have some correct validations and some incorrect ones, of all of them it only tells me if I want to validate "all" or only some.

I do not know if I have explained myself well, but the application should let you select which ones you want to correct validations and other movies not to correct them by selecting them.

All the best!
Additional note: The final symbol "?" it is correct in my language, it is valid.

rednoah
The Source

Re: Problem correcting renaming

Post by rednoah »

FileBot works the same on all platforms, and ? is not allowed on Windows, so FileBot will suggest to fix it, as to avoid trouble in the future.

:arrow: [DOCS] Target Unix Filesystem

If you want to keep ? but remove : then you'll have to disable file path validation entirely, and modify your custom format to preemptively fix up file paths as desired:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

e.g.

Code: Select all

{ t.colon(' - ') }
or

Code: Select all

{ t.replace(':', '-') }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.