[Feature Request] Finding the correct series title

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Joombler

[Feature Request] Finding the correct series title

Post by Joombler »

On renaming files in a folder, Filebot sometimes doesn't find the correct series (title), although it is using TVDb for relevant data.
When manual searching on that website, I mostly find the proper series information.
Would it be an idea to embed a non mandatory extra field option in Filebot's Rename function to use that TVDB series ID manually? I might overlook this, but currently version 4.9.4 doesn't support that. Thanks.
-- With both feet on the ground you can't make any step forward...
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Feature Request] Finding the correct series title

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Please post the file path here so we can have a look, if you some particular file path is giving you trouble. Please read How to Request Help.

:arrow: If you need help with Q: How do I fix misidentified files? in either GUI or CLI, please read FAQ #2 for details.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Joombler

Post by Joombler »

Thanks for the detailed example, but unfortunately this doesn't work as the information is based on the interpretation that Filebot presents. To shortcut this with an option to add the matching TVDB series ID.
-- With both feet on the ground you can't make any step forward...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Which series are we talking about? Please include screenshots to illustrate the problem. Pretty please.

You can enter the numeric series ID (e.g. 1437) instead of the series name into the search query box.

jmh530

Post by jmh530 »

I am currently having a similar issue where the solution in this thread does not work. The series in question is "DC's Stargirl". In Step 1, I can pull it up from tvdb (where it is named "Stargirl"), but it does not show up for themoviedb. I get a message about an invalid lookup.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

jmh530 wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 02:09 I am currently having a similar issue where the solution in this thread does not work. The series in question is "DC's Stargirl". In Step 1, I can pull it up from tvdb (where it is named "Stargirl"), but it does not show up for themoviedb. I get a message about an invalid lookup.
:?: TheMovieDB link for the series you have in mind?

:?: What are the specific file names you have trouble with? Please read How to Request Help.

:arrow: What's the series ID? Because you can always enter the series ID:
rednoah wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 14:58 You can enter the numeric series ID (e.g. 1437) instead of the series name into the search query box.