[BUG] Incorrect Apostrophe Being Used

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
techmattr

[BUG] Incorrect Apostrophe Being Used

Post by techmattr »

I'm not sure what version this started but the incorrect apostrophe is being used. It started between this summer season and last. America't Top Dog is where I first noticed it. FileBot created a new folder with the incorrect apostrophe. FileBot had also created the original folder with the correct apostrophe previously. The filenames have the same error.

FileBot creates:

Code: Select all

Eli Roth’s History of Horror
Correct:

Eli Roth's History of Horror
The one I marked as correct is what FileBot used to create and it is also what is used in notepad, notepad++, sublimetext. So I believe the apostrophe that is now used is a mistake and not a correction.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [BUG] Incorrect Apostrophe Being Used

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does not use one apostrophe or another. It's Eli Roth’s History of Horror according to TheTVDB, so and that's the series name value FileBot will use.

:arrow: You can of course apply and kind of custom replacement in your custom format:

{ n } => Eli Roth’s History of Horror

{ n.replace("’", "'") } => Eli Roth's History of Horror
:arrow: The {plex} format applies this kind of normalization by default:

{ plex.name } => Eli Roth's History of Horror - S01E01 - Zombies
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
techmattr

Re: [BUG] Incorrect Apostrophe Being Used

Post by techmattr »

Oh I didn't realize it pulled the text verbatim like that. So someone went into TheTVDB and changed all the apostrophe's to the incorrect ones? Wtf? I've found at least 30 shows that now have incorrect secondary folders because of this.... good thing they still have a support forum /s

Good to know about the plex.name. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.