Subtitles Problem: creating messy (but humorous) similarly named show folders

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
FlackBlag

Subtitles Problem: creating messy (but humorous) similarly named show folders

Post by FlackBlag »

In the past week or two something changed with subtitles such that they are now downloading/creating similarly named but wrong TV show folders.

Setup: Synology DS1520+, FileBot Node

Example: "The Wire", some of the subtitles were correctly put into The Wire season folders, but then FB decided that to create a new folder for the show "The Mire" along with various season folders holding just subs. Another example, "True Detective", generated many amusing folders for similarly named shows. (All deleted so I can't share them, but I might re-import the files just to share them). More understandably, "After Life" also throws some subs into a new show folder "Afterlife".

RN, I'm curious why (if?) FB doesn't assume that subs in a folder would preferentially stay with the video files in that folder. So if FB decides some videos belong to the show "Foundation (2021)" then the subs in the same folder are all "Foundation (2021)" subs, and not "Foundation". (Another example).
rednoah
The Source

Re: Subtitles Problem: creating messy (but humorous) similarly named show folders

Post by rednoah »

Are you using the GUI? Please provide screenshots.
Are you suing the CLI? Please paste command console output or logs. The logs will tell us what FileBot did and didn't do, and maybe give us some clues as to why.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FlackBlag

Re: Subtitles Problem: creating messy (but humorous) similarly named show folders

Post by FlackBlag »

Hi RN,

So I have more information, I've looked at the logs more closely and it appears that when FB encounters more than one English sub file that it decides that the additional subs must be for another show.

Today's examples, Fringe, generates the additional shows: Fringes and Fringe Nation; Sherlock generates Sherlock Jr., Sherlock Hound, Young Sherlock, and Miss Sherlock.

Here's a log example for Sherlock:

Code: Select all

[MOVE] from [/...[redacted].../Sherlock.S01/Subs/Sherlock.S01E01/2_English.srt] to [/...[redacted].../TV Shows/Sherlock/Season 01/Sherlock - S01E01 - A Study in Pink [1080p].eng.srt]
[MOVE] from [/...[redacted].../Sherlock.S01/Subs/Sherlock.S01E01/3_English.srt] to [/...[redacted].../TV Shows/Sherlock Jr/Season 01/Sherlock Jr. - S01E01 - Pilot [1080p].eng.srt]
[MOVE] from [/...[redacted].../Sherlock.S01/Subs/Sherlock.S01E02/2_English.srt] to [/...[redacted].../TV Shows/Sherlock/Season 01/Sherlock - S01E02 - The Blind Banker [1080p].eng.srt]
[MOVE] from [/...[redacted].../Sherlock.S01/Subs/Sherlock.S01E02/3_English.srt] to [/...[redacted].../TV Shows/Miss Sherlock/Season 01/Miss Sherlock - S01E02 - Sachiko's Mustache [1080p].eng.srt]
[MOVE] from [/...[redacted].../Sherlock.S01/Subs/Sherlock.S01E03/2_English.srt] to [/...[redacted].../TV Shows/Sherlock Hound/Season 01/Sherlock Hound - S01E03 - A Small Client [1080p].eng.srt]
[MOVE] from [/...[redacted].../Sherlock.S01/Subs/Sherlock.S01E03/3_English.srt] to [/...[redacted].../TV Shows/Sherlock/Season 01/Sherlock - S01E03 - The Great Game [1080p].eng.srt]
[MOVE] from [/...[redacted].../Sherlock.S02/Subs/Sherlock.S02E01/3_English.srt] to [/...[redacted].../TV Shows/Sherlock/Specials/Sherlock - S00E01 - Unaired Pilot – A Study In Pink [1080p].eng.srt]
Script

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /...[redacted]... --output /...[redacted].../ --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'minLengthMS=0' 'seriesFormat={plex.derive{vc=="x264" ? " [$vf, $vc]" : " [$vf]"       }}' 'movieFormat={plex.derive{vc=="x264" ? " [$vf, $vc]" : " [$vf]"       }}' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/var/filebot.log'
FlackBlag

Post by FlackBlag »

Not that it matters in this context, but it appears that the second sub file includes various sound effects, and is more properly called a "closed caption" while the first file is more properly a "subtitle". Not to lecture, you may well have known that. In any case the closed caption files (or my settings) are messing with my file structure.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sherlock.S01/Subs/Sherlock.S01E02/3_English.srt is a bit unusual. Presumably, the video files are all in Sherlock.S01 directly? But all the subtitles are put into a Subs folder and per-episode Subs. That will practically ensure that FileBot can no longer link subtitles to video files, and thus aren't processed as a single group, and thus get matched generically and thus compete for episode matches.

:arrow: You may fare better if you first process subtitle files generically without matching, i.e. try to rewrite the file path with Plain File Mode into something more standard first, before matching the files in Episode Mode:
viewtopic.php?t=12907

e.g.

Sherlock.S01E01.mp4
Sherlock.S01E01.eng.srt
Sherlock.S01E01.eng-cc.srt

:arrow: You could also process all the 2_English.srt / 3_English.srt / etc files in separate filebot commands. That way the subtitle files won't compete for episode matches. You'd have to write your own script to collect and group files, but that could be as simple as find -name -exec filebot ... if you're on Linux / familiar with bash or shell scripting in general.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.