Add getActors to SeriesInfo class

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
HarryMuscle

Add getActors to SeriesInfo class

Post by HarryMuscle »

Both the TVDB and TMDB support actors at the series level. It can be useful to have access to that information however looking at the API documentation I noticed that the SeriesInfo class does not contain a getActors (or getCrew, getCadlstc getDirector, etc.) method. So I'd like to suggest adding such methods to this class (and obviously populating the data with data from TVDB or TMDB).

Thanks,
Harry
rednoah
The Source

Re: Add getActors to SeriesInfo class

Post by rednoah »

The {actors} binding should work for both Episode and Movie type objects. Both TheTVDB and TheMovieDB::TV should work.

e.g.

Code: Select all

$ filebot -list --q MythBusters --db TheTVDB --filter "i == 1" --format "{actors}"
[Brian Louden, Robert Lee, Jonathan Lung, Jessi Combs, Scottie Chapman, Heather Joseph-Witham, Jamie Hyneman, Christine Chamberlain, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci, Adam Savage]

:idea: More fine-grained APIs aren't exposed, because different databases handle crew, cast, writers, actors, roles, characters differently.

EDIT:

:!: The above might be somewhat recent, so it probably requires a recent beta build (i.e. FileBot 4.9.5 or higher) to work.

EDIT 2:

FileBot r9085 add the SeriesInfo.getCrew() extension method to retrieve cast and credits.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
HarryMuscle

Post by HarryMuscle »

rednoah wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 06:41 The {actors} binding should work for both Episode and Movie type objects. Both TheTVDB and TheMovieDB::TV should work.

e.g.

Code: Select all

$ filebot -list --q MythBusters --db TheTVDB --filter "i == 1" --format "{actors}"
[Brian Louden, Robert Lee, Jonathan Lung, Jessi Combs, Scottie Chapman, Heather Joseph-Witham, Jamie Hyneman, Christine Chamberlain, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci, Adam Savage]

:idea: More fine-grained APIs aren't exposed, because different databases handle crew, cast, writers, actors, roles, characters differently.

EDIT:

:!: The above might be somewhat recent, so it probably requires a recent beta build (i.e. FileBot 4.9.5 or higher) to work.

EDIT 2:

FileBot r9085 add the SeriesInfo.getCrew() extension method to retrieve cast and credits.
Cool. Thanks for adding all these new features lately. Can't wait for 4.9.5 to be officially released. BTW, I assume the API documentation pages are still based on 4.9.4?

Thanks,
Harry
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. The technical documentation is only updated upon release.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.