ARGS dont work

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
alf

ARGS dont work

Post by alf »

Hello,

Please add a Shorcut for Load > select Folder like CTRL O. It would be best to Konfigure the Shortcuts (all) freely.
I then can copy the file path into it.... That way i have a workaround for my little problem...

Best would be filebot complete path like some others add it.

If i open Filebot.exe aka c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe path to folder without spaces works

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe c:\jdown\JujutsuKaisen\
but if i have a Folder with spaces it won' t

c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe c:\jdown\Jujutsu Kaisen\
it's the space between jujutsu Kaisen ---- even

c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe "c:\jdown\Jujutsu Kaisen\" 
won´t do it

My Work around with Total Commander is to use c:\jdown\JUJUTS~1\ which is the short dos filename -- but i am sure microsoft will break this ... when i use smb or usb drive or what the heck

My Target / wish is :

Open a folder with c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe "c:\jdown\Jujutsu Kaisen\" will work

(I can then assign F9 for example in Total Commander and add the above string to start filebot with the active panel / source panel)

thanx and i hope i have stated my wish right --- maybe it also opens smb shares which go like

\\MEINSERVER\freigabe\series\Criminal Minds 
thanx in advance

alf maier
rednoah
The Source

Re: ARGS dont work

Post by rednoah »

alf wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 22:45 Open a folder with c:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe "c:\jdown\Jujutsu Kaisen\" will work
This already works. You can confirm this by dropping the Jujutsu Kaisen folder onto the FileBot shortcut on your Desktop. That will result in FileBot being called with the dropped folder as first argument.

Here's the correct command-line:

"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" "C:\jdown\Jujutsu Kaisen"
* Call filebot. Use "..." to correctly quote the absolute path to the executable.
* Pass Jujutsu Kaisen folder as first argument. Use "..." to correctly quote the folder path. Do not break the "..." by escaping the last \" and thus not actually ending "...".
* You can use UNC file paths instead of local file paths. FileBot doesn't know or care. Windows takes care of that. That said, \\ may have special meaning, so passing along UNC file paths correctly may require special care.

:!: \ within "..." is typically used as escape character, and so the file path that you think you are passing along isn't actually the file path that is actually passed long:

$ echo "\\x"
\x

$ echo "x\"
bash: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

:arrow: If you have trouble with using filebot from Total Commander (as opposed to using filebot from CMD) then screenshots and context would be appreciated.

:arrow: Please read Cmdline and Argument Passing for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.