Keyboard shortcuts for playing video files

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
KzintiCmdr

Keyboard shortcuts for playing video files

Post by KzintiCmdr »

I really LOVE Filebot.

I am a new user and just got done working on "The Wild Wild West" from the 60's This was my first renaming project and it worked really well.

Some feature requests would be as follows
CTRl-O to open a video you want to view. The doulbe clicking and opening was tedious.
CTRl-L to look up episode names (on the right) instead of double clicking and edit match

A feature more tough to do is when a disk is ripped and it says "The Wild Wild West - Disk 3 for example usually it rips tracks that show B1, C2 etc. if you could somehow match those B1 tracks with the correct episode some how. would be a nice feature but probally inpracticle

oh yea did I tell you I really LOVE filebot!

Harold Robinson
rednoah
The Source

Re: Keyboard shortcuts for playing video files

Post by rednoah »

I will consider ENTER of SPACE but the File Context Menu has only been added recently and there hasn't been demand for keyboard shortcuts for any of these actions yet. Let's wait and see. The problem is that you will probably need your mouse for the video playing, so I'm not sure if a hands-on-keyboard approach will work when you have to manually view each video file to confirm the match. FileBot will probably lose keyboard focus every time you open the video player.

EDIT:

FileBot r9262 adds CTRL+O and CTRL+L keyboard shortcuts.

You can use F3 to open the Edit Match:
rednoah wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 03:08 F3 ... Edit Match / auto-fill Episode and Movie matches from Extended Attributes (if New Names is empty)

But unless you need double / triple episodes, it's probably better to just copy & paste episode information from Episodes panel and then quickly re-arrange with mouse-drag-n-drop if things don't align right away:
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started/index.html#2

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
KzintiCmdr

Post by KzintiCmdr »

Thank you for implementing the suggestions. The reason this came about is I have two screens. The right screen has file Filebot and the movie viewer (VLC) the other has the folder where I drag and drop. CTRL-O is useful becuse it will open right into VLC so that is very convient. the
CTRL-L to list the series episodes allwos me to keep the mouse on VLC while finding the eipisode name.

I looked at beta 4.9.7, CTRL-O was terrific, what a change in work flow. but CTRL-L did not work, it opened a file explorer window instead. Maybe that is a windows short cut.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

CTRL+L ... Locate / Reveal will indeed locate / reveal the file in Windows Explorer:

:?: What did you have in mind?

:idea: If you want to open the episode list to view / change the episode match then the F3 and CTRL+M keyboard shortcuts will open the Edit Match dialog:

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
KzintiCmdr

Post by KzintiCmdr »

Thank you very much F3 was what I was looking for.