OpenSubtitles XML-RPC API deprecation (2023-12-31)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Bazzu85

OpenSubtitles XML-RPC API deprecation (2023-12-31)

Post by Bazzu85 »

Hi,
I found this:
https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... 11&t=17930

the current implementation I think is not using the rest API because no API key is needed!
rednoah
The Source

Re: opensubtitles API deprecation

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does indeed use the legacy API. It's stable and works. At a glance, the new API does not seem to provide any benefits to end user but does seem to still be missing important features such as the ability to upload subtitles.

2023-12-31 end of life, API endpoint will be turned off
FileBot will likely keep using the current legacy API - because it's stable and works - until it stops working. We will consider switching to the new API if and when there are tangible benefits to our end users, and ideally no unhappy compromises to features and usability.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Bazzu85

Re: opensubtitles API deprecation

Post by Bazzu85 »

rednoah wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 06:06 FileBot does indeed use the legacy API. It's stable and works. At a glance, the new API does not seem to provide any benefits to end user but does seem to still be missing important features such as the ability to upload subtitles.

2023-12-31 end of life, API endpoint will be turned off
FileBot will likely keep using the current legacy API - because it's stable and works - until it stops working. We will consider switching to the new API if and when there are tangible benefits to our end users, and ideally no unhappy compromises to features and usability.
Yeah, All I wanted to report is the 31/12/2023 due date. Before this time I think that the staff will migrate all functionality to the .com site.
Now you can't upload to .com and the subtitles are grabbed with a visible delay from .org site.