License expired notice

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
BUju7

License expired notice

Post by BUju7 »

Shouldn't there be like 2 weeks notice that it's about to expire.
Shuold have a pop up whenever you go use it
rednoah
The Source

Re: License expired notice

Post by rednoah »

I would imagine that some users might not appreciate the warnings that bother them into buying a new license ahead of time and thus losing 1-2 weeks off their current license just to make the warnings go away.

But if more users chime in here, and request this feature, and nobody has anything against that, then we could certainly add that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
BUju7

Post by BUju7 »

Well in the pop up have a box that say don't remind me again
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r9611 will now remind you of the license expiration date on launch, starting at 3 days before the expiration date.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

I had an interesting issue related to this today.

I run filebot with a script directly from another piece of software. When the other software finishes its activity it will run filebot automatically.

I couldn’t work out why filebot hadn’t moved a file until I looked further and realised the license had run out.

Would it be possible to get an email 1 week before the license is due to expire or something similar?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

BillyTheKid wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 18:01 I couldn’t work out why filebot hadn’t moved a file until I looked further and realised the license had run out.
The issue would be fairly obvious from the filebot console output and exit code. You'll always want to keep a --log-file /path/to/log/file.txt because you'll want to be able to see what filebot is doing especially if it's silently called by a 3rd party tool without visible console output.

We might start sending out email reminders in the future as well, but you definitely want to keep a log file that you can access later for all kinds of reasons.