When renaming multiple versions of the same movie, edits to one filename are applied to both files (Disable Column Edit)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
RLA

When renaming multiple versions of the same movie, edits to one filename are applied to both files (Disable Column Edit)

Post by RLA »

My workflow typically includes me making small tweaks to the output filename on some files after running my FileBot preset.

However, when I add 2 versions of the same movie match to FileBot to be renamed (e.g. a 4K version and a 1080p version), after I edit the output filename on one of them, the edit is applied to both files.

Here's a screen capture illustrating the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqrm827h0dasc ... g.mp4?dl=0

(If that doesn't come through clearly, here's a link to download the same video instead of stream it from Dropbox):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqrm827h0dasc ... g.mp4?dl=1
kim
Power User

Re: When renaming multiple versions of the same movie, edits to one filename are applied to both files

Post by kim »

Share your format and maybe there a is a better way of doing it
rednoah
The Source

Re: When renaming multiple versions of the same movie, edits to one filename are applied to both files

Post by rednoah »

:?: Can you reproduce the issue with the latest revision?
viewtopic.php?t=13578

:idea: If you use Edit Match or Edit Name then your edit will be applied to all subsequent items (as long as the movie or episode match is the same). You can use SHIFT+CLICK <Edit Match | Edit Name> to edit a single item only. FileBot 5.* refines this behaviour with differential edits.

:arrow: That said, you'll want to adjust your custom format (which you have forgotten to paste here) to make FileBot generate the file paths you want from the get-go instead of doing manual edits every time.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.