The Curse of Oak Island (FileNotFoundException: Resource is empty)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
THRobinson

The Curse of Oak Island (FileNotFoundException: Resource is empty)

Post by THRobinson »

The Curse of Oak Island... I can scrape with TVMaze, but TheMovieDB always hangs a long time if doing multiple files, or briefly if just 1, and gives an exception error.

It will pop up and asked which series, to confirm because 2 similar titles, but then nothing.

All my series/movies are fine, execpt this one.

I had it before and ended up being that TMDB site accidentally had a series listed as ADULT, which when I switched to NO, worked fine but, looking on TMDB site I don't see anything obviously wrong about the series.

Anyone else with this issue?
rednoah
The Source

Re: The Curse of Oak Island

Post by rednoah »

:?: What does the error say? (click on the error message to copy & paste the error message; or open the log and copy & paste from there)

:?: What are the file names you're testing with? (press F7 to copy and paste file paths from the Original Files list)

:arrow: Please read How to Request Help.

:idea: I cannot reproduce the problem. FileBot / TheMovieDB / "The Curse of Oak Island" episode listing works:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -list --db TheMovieDB::TV --q "The Curse of Oak Island"
The Curse of Oak Island - 1x01 - What Lies Below
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

File name, doesn't matter much... meaning, I just made a fake file for a random episode (s10e01) and renamed it using TVmaze and it renamed the file to what it should be (The Curse of Oak Island - S10E01 - On Their Marks.mp4), but even fully named properly, TMDB seems to give an error...

FileNotFoundException: Resource is empty: {} => https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/60603/season/0?language=en-US&api_key=XXXXX
Been this way a long while for me. I think even before I reinstalled Windows months back (I format my drive and reinstall Windows yearly just to clean up the junk).
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

I think copy/pasting the error screws it up a bit

FileNotFoundException: Resource is empty: {} => XXXX://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/60603/season/0?language=en-US&api_key=XXXXX
there, replace the XXXX with https
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I get:

$ filebot -rename *.mp4 --db TheMovieDB::TV -non-strict --format "{plex.id}" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [The Curse of Oak Island - S10E01 - On Their Marks.mp4] to [TV Shows/The Curse of Oak Island {tmdb-60603}/Season 10/The Curse of Oak Island - S10E01 - On Their Marks.mp4]

Looks like the issue is specific to your machine, or rather your internet connection. If you're using a VPN, then TheMovieDB may have blocked your shared public IP.

:arrow: FileNotFoundException: Resource is empty means that TheMovieDB is not sending back any data. If your IP is blocked, then would expect TheMovieDB to not work for any series, and not just one specific series. Then again, it does seem to work for me and everyone else, so that would strongly suggest that your specific IP is blocked. Can you run additional tests to narrow down the issue one way or another?

:?: What version of FileBot are you using? (you didn't post sysinfo output; so we have to ask; newer versions of FileBot might not fix the problem; but may print more detailed error messages; i.e. HTTP response codes)

:?: If you are using Linux or macOS (or Windows WSL) then you can use the curl command to make HTTP requests, run tests, see what you get back, see if other users get a different response for the same request:

curl -v 'https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/60603'
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

No VPN, and since the last reinstall of Windows 10x64, I have renamed 9,310 files, so, if TMDB is blocking my IP it's only blocking it when I rename The Curse of Oak Island. :D

Weird.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Can you try the latest version?
viewtopic.php?t=13578

:arrow: Please run this command with the latest version and copy & paste the entire command-line output:

filebot -list --db TheMovieDB::TV --q "The Curse of Oak Island"