Possible 5.0.0 Bug... (Unable to rename multiple files at once)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
walker63

Possible 5.0.0 Bug... (Unable to rename multiple files at once)

Post by walker63 »

Starting with these two files in a working folder...

Code: Select all

Abbot.Elementary.S02E19.720p.extra.info.mkv
Bel-Air.S02E04.720p.extra.info.mkv
The new Filebot 5.0.0 attempts to name these as one show, using the new Organize Episodes for Plex expression.

This was tested under elementary OS version 7.

Code: Select all

~Media/TV Shows/Abbott Elementary {tvdb-402910}/Season 02/Abbott Elementary - S02E19 - Festival.mkv
~Media/TV Shows/Abbott Elementary {tvdb-402910}}/Season 02/Abbott Elementary - S02E04 - The Principal's Office.mkv, instead of the proper Bel-Air episode name.
Using the defualt Plex binding doesn't yeild proper filenames for both either.

Switching to Filebot version 4.9.6 that was installed on Pop OS drive, with the same files moved over to that install, named them properly with the default binding and the the new Organize Episodes for Plex expression added manually.

My testing confirmed the results that someone else had also gotten after upgrading to the new version, who then asked my opinion.

I tested with two 5 second video files I recorded with my web cam.

Pulling out multiple random episodes from my server and dropping them into a common folder resulted in proper renaming and folder creation with the same new expression in the new version of Filebot, as did my own custom expressions.

I don't know why the particualr combination of an Abbott Elementray episode and a Bel-Air episode throws the renaming process off.

In my default elementary OS install, I uninstalled version 5 and put version 4.9.6 back on and I could then properly rename both episodes at the same time.

I hope it's an easy fix if it is indeed a bug and not something strange on my end.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Possible 5.0.0 Bug...

Post by rednoah »

That's a bug. We're working on a fix:
viewtopic.php?t=13625
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.