Since v5 imdbid for Episode Format has been broken

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
8i6juyhrggvf

Since v5 imdbid for Episode Format has been broken

Post by 8i6juyhrggvf »

As the subject states for me when I do Episode Format it seems to be broken, but with Movie Format it seems to work just fine.
I get a "Binding "imdbid": undefined" when in Episode Format
rednoah
The Source

Re: Since v5 imdbid for Episode Format has been broken

Post by rednoah »

{imdbid} is generally not well supported for TV Series type information, depending on your chosen database.

:arrow: I recommend using {tmdbid} when tagging files and using TheMovieDB/TV as database since that guarantees {tmdbid} to work. You can use the {plex.id} format to add standard {tmdb-12335} markers to the Plex path.

:idea: {imdbid} may work with TVmaze. {imdbid} may have worked with TheTVDBv2 but is no longer supported with TheTVDBv4 due to server-side API changes.

:!: Note that adding [tt1234567] markers to file names is strongly discouraged for TV Shows, since [tt1234567] markers typically indicate Movie files, and aren't that useful for identifying TV Shows, because IMDb IDs are only ever useful for looking up the TheTVDB ID or TheMovieDB/TV ID and then working with that, and so you might as well use one of those directly.

:arrow: If you must have [tt1234567] markers, then you can use {series.externalIds} to retrieve available external IDs from your chosen database:

Code: Select all

{ series.externalIds }

Code: Select all

{ series.externalIds.imdb_id }
** the snippet above works with TheMovieDB/TV; different databases may provide different external IDs
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
8i6juyhrggvf

Re: Since v5 imdbid for Episode Format has been broken

Post by 8i6juyhrggvf »

Understood, thank you for the clear breakdown. Appreciate all your work on the tool!