Trouble matching QI XS

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
cagenuts

Trouble matching QI XS

Post by cagenuts »

I normally use a gui preset to rename a tv episode.

This is my preset.

Code: Select all

{n.replaceAll(/[:|]/, "ː")}.{episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00}.{T.replaceAll(/[:|]/, "ː")}{ '.' + any{ "$vs".upper() }{ 'WEB-DL' } }{".$hd"}{".$hpi"}{".$vcf"}{".$acf"}{".$abr"}{".$textLanguages"}
This has worked perfectly on 4.9.6

1. The below image shows that FB has chosen the incorrect series name. Should be QI XS and it thinks it's just QI.

2. Not serious so I just shift and click on TMDB to enter the series manually.

3. FB then offers this.

4. I then enter the correct series name.

5. FB is still not convinced and it seems the switch at the bottom doesn't work as I need to keep redoing this.

6. After finally choosing the correct series name, FB decides on its own to put the episode in a folder.

I have another preset for that which works fine.

As mentioned, this never happened with 4.9.6.

Unrelated but perhaps worth mentioning, I've had to switch my presets to use Opportunistic from Strict, as the presets with Strict just won't display any series.
rednoah
The Source

Re: 5.0.1 (r9665) preset bug

Post by rednoah »

QI XS is too unpopular, compared to QI (alias QI X), in combination with "QI XS" being just random letters, somehow leads to FileBot auto-selecting (as to not bother you with unnecessary selection) the more likely option, which happens to be the wrong option.

* 4.9.6 and 5.0.1 work the same with TheMovieDB, i.e. not very well, requires manual search for "QI XS".
* 4.9.6 and 5.0.1 work differently with TheTVDB because 4.9.6 asks you to select a QI option (with the wrong QI being the top option) and 5.0.1 just selects that top option in this case which is unfortunate in this case.

TheMovieDB doesn't work well because a search for "QI" doesn't list "QI XS" at all. Perhaps due to low popularity. Why does FileBot not search for "QI XS" in the first place? Seems odd, but I don't know... I'll look into it. (EDIT: It's because there's a release group named XS and somehow that accidentally factors into the equation)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cagenuts

Post by cagenuts »

Ok great so it's not a bug per se, just because of the XS part. Just happened that it was the first series that I processed after upgrading. Thanks for looking into it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, it's a tricky one. So all versions will struggle. But thank you for reporting the issue. I will add QI.XS.S02E03.WEB-DL.1080p.AVC.AAC.2.0.128kbps.[eng].mp4 to my test cases and and make this particular use case work better in the future.

Test Case:

QI.XS.S02E03.WEB-DL.1080p.AVC.AAC.2.0.128kbps.[eng].mp4

:idea: I've also added ratings, external IDs, etc to the TMDB series profile, so this will help increase the popularity and make FileBot consider it as a valid and desired match.
cagenuts

Re: Trouble matching QI XS

Post by cagenuts »

Update. Unrelated to QI XS, my single episode preset is still not working. The preset initially finds no matching series, then when I click on Fetch and then TVDB, it finds a matching series but decides to put the episode in a folder which is not what the preset code prescribes. I've tried a couple of different series now.

For example, here is a folder that is generated.

The World's Most Extraordinary Homes - S02E01-E03 (2018) [WEB-DL 1080p mp4 subs]
Interestingly enough, I do have a preset that will generate that folder so I wonder why it is now defaulting to that?

Is there a default preset or a preset with a lower metric?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Trouble matching QI XS

Post by rednoah »

Click <New Names> item ➔ Edit Format to see what format is being used, and to change the format if needed. (NOTE: this will change the default format; not the Preset-specific format)

:idea: There is a default format for each content type that you can set via Fetch Data ➔ Edit Format independent and unrelated to your custom Presets that you may or may not have set up:

:arrow: If you use a Preset, then your Preset-specific format is used.

:arrow: If you just click on Fetch Data ➔ TheTVDB then the default format is used. The default format can be changed via the Edit Format action.