UNASKED restart of Windows on Version 4.0 installation!!!!!!

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
FillBot

UNASKED restart of Windows on Version 4.0 installation!!!!!!

Post by FillBot »

I've installed Version 4.0 with the Nullsoft installer. At the end my Windows 7 system was
restartet without any question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT'S THAT FOR A BULLLSHIT??????????

Fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats an outrageousness!!!!!!!!!!!

rednoah
The Source

Re: UNASKED restart of Windows on Version 4.0 installation!!

Post by rednoah »

The NSIS installer does no such thing, nor the the MSI require Feel free to look at the code. According to that screen shot it is Windows Installer that initiates a reboot, so it's a bug in Windows Installer on your specific system.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
romano

Post by romano »

Some people, at least say thank you for a great program, and ask first if the program does that nicely.
minimeh

Post by minimeh »

I can verify that using the Windows setup application on Windows 8 also resulted in an announced and unexpected system restart. I'm sure this is not a "a bug in Windows Installer on (my) specific system", but rather by design. While I don't feel anything near the disproportionate outrage as the op, it is still something that shouldn't happen. I would think that at the least there should be a warning beforehand, although it would be better if the triggering conditions were determined and managed better.

And, yes, FileBot is an outstanding application for which I am grateful! Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Does anybody have an idea why?

It's not happening on my system, and I'm specifically setting /norestart when calling msiexec. The NSIS installer is definitely not initiating a restart, it's the MSI installer which I can't control.

Can you reproduce that with every install? If it's reproducible I can try some things, otherwise can't do much about it.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.