CLI -get-missing-subtitles

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
lepaperwan

CLI -get-missing-subtitles

Post by lepaperwan »

Hi,

I just wanted to know if it possible to either add a new CLI function to do what -get-missing-subtitles is actually supposed to do as described here :
http://www.filebot.net/cli.html#arguments.
The current -get-missing-subtitles, instead of only matching by filehash as stated on the CLI page, also tries to find subtitles by filename. Although it might be a good idea for movies, it's terrible for shows in which case, 99% of downloaded subtitles are out of sync and totally worthless, especially as they have to be resynced nearly every time there was an ad on TV as some files have longer pauses than others.

Thanks for FileBot so far though,
rednoah
The Source

Re: CLI -get-missing-subtitles

Post by rednoah »

Can you send me the logs? -non-strict does also allow good by-name matches, i think the reason for that was actually movies. But show me the logs and I might find a way to tweak things.

EDIT:
Now that FileBot supports subtitle upload with hash and all I guess it's a good idea to make strict-mode really strict again. Disabled search-by-name completely in strict-mode with r2122.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lepaperwan

Re: CLI -get-missing-subtitles

Post by lepaperwan »

Hey,

Just checked back, downloaded the new version and tried it out. I gotta say, the new version works just great!
Thanks a lot for getting back to me and dealing with it so quick.

Cheers,