subtitle lookup by title/source?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
ntg

subtitle lookup by title/source?

Post by ntg »

The ability to search for subtitles by hash is stupendous, as long as your file's hash is in opensubtitles...but that seems to be the only way that filebot will find any subs for me. Searching by the movie title or filename will always return nothing, even if search-by-hash would be successful. It seems to me that this can't possibly be the intended behavior; am I doing something wrong? I'm using FB2.64 and JRE 1.6.0_14 and there are no errors or exceptions.

I'm trying to do batch lookups with thousands of files scattered across a dozen drives. Unfortunately, 98% of them are custom rips that won't have a hash match so I need as much automation as possible. Ideally I'd like the parser to pull out as much info as possible from the file: esp. the title and source, along with everything else that it binds to when renaming. With all that info I'd like FB to pull down the set of "closest fit" subs, and I'd also like it to rename the sub file to match my local video file. The subs are usually fine as long as the source is the same so searching this way would be the ideal fallback (and when there are multiple possibilities just pick the most often-downloaded or most recent one)...but first I need to get *any* results at all without an exact hash match.
rednoah
The Source

Re: subtitle lookup by title/source?

Post by rednoah »

That should all work more or less, depending how well your filenames match the subtitle names in the db. Did you set -non-strict? In strict mode it'll only fetch perfect matches (either hash match or perfect filename match).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ntg

Post by ntg »

I can't see a way to set any subtitle options in the GUI, but when I ran it from the cmdline, using -non-strict didn't help. Here's some output with a few different naming conventions that I would have all expected to work without problems. Is there anything obviously wrong with this:
H:\>filebot -get-missing-subtitles -non-strict "Action + Adventure"
Missing subtitles for 9 video files
Looking up subtitles by filehash via OpenSubtitles
Matched [Banlieue.District.13.Ultimatum.2009.720p.BluRay.DTS-ES.x264-DON.mkv] to [Banlieue.13.Ultimatum.BRRip.FRENCH.XviD.AC3-DEViSE.English] via filehash
Matched [Banlieue.District.B13.2004.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR.mkv] to [13th.District.2004.DVDRip.XviD-SAPHiRE] via filehash
Fetching [Banlieue.13.Ultimatum.BRRip.FRENCH.XviD.AC3-DEViSE.English.srt]
Writing [Banlieue.13.Ultimatum.BRRip.FRENCH.XviD.AC3-DEViSE.English.srt] to [Banlieue.District.13.Ultimatum.2009.720p.BluRay.DTS-ES.x264-DON.eng.srt]
Fetching [13th.District.2004.DVDRip.XviD-SAPHiRE.srt]
Writing [13th.District.2004.DVDRip.XviD-SAPHiRE.srt] to [Banlieue.District.B13.2004.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR.eng.srt]
Looking up subtitles by filehash via Sublight
Lookup by hash failed: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Response indicates error: Client not supported. Contact us at: [email protected]
Searching for [Action] at [OpenSubtitles]
Search for [[Action]] failed: The response could not be parsed.
Searching for [Action] at [Sublight]
Search for [[Action]] failed: Response indicates error: Client not supported. Contact us at: [email protected]
Searching for [Action] at [Subscene]
No matching subtitles found: H:\\Action + Adventure\Abduction (2011) x264-1080p mp4 (PxHD).mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\\Action + Adventure\DragonHeart.1996.mp4.720p.x264.AAC-PxHD-Mobies.mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\\Action + Adventure\G.I.Joe.The.Rise.of.Cobra.2009.BluRay.1080p.x264.AC3-PxHD.mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\\Action + Adventure\Hancock.2008.Unrated.Edition.BluRay.1080p.x264.AC3-PxHD.mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\\Action + Adventure\Phone Booth (2002) x264-1080p mp4 (PxHD).mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\\Action + Adventure\The Terror Experiment (2010) x264-1080p mp4 (PxHD).mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\\Action + Adventure\This.Means.War.2012.BluRay.1080p.x264.AC3-PxHD.mp4
Done ?(?????)?
I take back what I said earlier about "no errors" during subtitle retrieval; they weren't in the java console but in fact there are errors all over the cmdline. Some of these look semi-harmless, but are they causing problems with the sub retrievals? Some of them also look avoidable, like looking for hashes when sublight doesn't support them, or the bad parsing on the directory name that had spaces (above, where it turned "Action + Adventure" into just "Action"), but even a 1-word dirname produces the same error:
H:\>cd Comedy

H:\Comedy>filebot -get-missing-subtitles -non-strict *
Missing subtitles for 8 video files
Looking up subtitles by filehash via OpenSubtitles
Lookup by hash failed: The response could not be parsed.
Looking up subtitles by filehash via Sublight
Lookup by hash failed: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Response indicates error: Client not supported. Contact us at: [email protected]
Searching for [Comedy] at [OpenSubtitles]
Search for [[Comedy]] failed: The response could not be parsed.
Searching for [Comedy] at [Sublight]
Search for [[Comedy]] failed: Response indicates error: Client not supported. Contact us at: [email protected]
Searching for [Comedy] at [Subscene]
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\21.Jump.Street.2012.BluRay.1080p.x264.AC3-PxHD.mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\50 50 (2011) x264-1080p mp4 (PxHD).mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006) x264-720p mp4 (PxMob).mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\Bruno (2009) XViD-480p DVDRip (ViSiON).avi
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\Dude, Where's My Car (2000) x264-1080p mp4 (PxHD).mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\Mirror.Mirror.2012.BluRay.1080p.x264.AC3-PxHD.mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\Never Been Kissed (1999) x264-1080p mp4 (PxHD).mp4
No matching subtitles found: H:\Comedy\What's Your Number (2011) (Extended Edition) x264-1080p mp4 (PxHD).mp4
Done ?(?????)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yeah, I guess query auto-detection doesn't work that well with lots of movies in the same folder. Updated things to work better with movies. Try again with the latest revision and it should work better.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.