[Incorrect Match] the.bridge.us.s02e05

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
pax0707

[Incorrect Match] the.bridge.us.s02e05

Post by pax0707 »

It matches to Swedish instead of US version of the show.

Code: Select all

Parameter: seriesFormat = D:/Done/SERIJE/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} - {source}.{vf}.{vc}.{ac}{'.'+lang}
Parameter: excludeList = amc.txt
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: myepisodes = *****
Parameter: plex = localhost
Parameter: gmail = *****
Parameter: reportError = y
Argument: D:\Done\BTN
Input: D:\Done\BTN\the.bridge.us.s02e05.hdtv.x264-2hd.mp4
Group: [tvs:the bridge] => [the.bridge.us.s02e05.hdtv.x264-2hd.mp4]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Bridge, the bridge us]
Fetching episode data for [The Bridge]
Fetching episode data for [The Bridge (2013)]
Fetching episode data for [The Bridge (2011)]
[COPY] Rename [D:\Done\BTN\the.bridge.us.s02e05.hdtv.x264-2hd.mp4] to [D:\Done\SERIJE\The Bridge (2011) - S02E05 - Episode 5 - HDTV.480p.x264.AAC.mp4]
Processed 1 files
Notify Plex: localhost
Update MyEpisodes
[failure] 'The Bridge (2011)' not found
     [mail] Sending email: [FileBot] the.bridge.us.s02e05.hdtv.x264-2hd
     [mail] Sent email with 0 attachments
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Incorrect Match] the.bridge.us.s02e05

Post by rednoah »

This one requires knowledge that FileBot can't have.

Ask TheTVDB people to add an alias for The Bridge (US) => The Bridge (2013)

You can always add your own --filter

--filter "n != /The Bridge (2011)/"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pax0707

Post by pax0707 »

It already has the alias The Bridge US but without the brackets.
That's not "close enough"?

From what I can see on their forums someone changed the series name from The Bridge (US) to The Bridge (2013).
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Then it's an API issue. I checked and during search TheTVDB adds one Alias "Bron" and the full series record does not contain alias data. They added alias titles later on so I suppose the API doesn't really support them yet.

You can check {alias} binding to see what names FileBot is considering apart from {n}.

EDIT: I'm gonna add it to my own index. Should work by itself a few weeks later.
pax0707

Post by pax0707 »

OK.

Looks to me like they can't decide on series naming and flip-flop, causing issues for us.
;- )=

Comments like this one from their forums are lovely:
I honestly don't give one single fuck... this is what apps like Sickbeard have naming exceptions for. TheTVDb does not now, nor ever will cater to any specific group or application when it comes to the provided data.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, changing the official DB entry to (US) would be stupid since Name (Year) makes ALOT more sense and is already established with movies as well.

However, properly adding alias names to the API is very reasonable. Though none of the posters asked for that neither.
Spox

Post by Spox »

FileBot has asked for a series name confirmation for "The Bridge" twice so far when searching TVMaze for completely unrelated shows. It asks me to pick from a list of possible matches, but since the shows I'm renaming don't have "bridge" anywhere in their titles, I hit Skip - after which it spits out matches for the shows I was actually looking for as if nothing had happened. Is FileBot suffering from dementia? :roll:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Spox wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 07:34 FileBot has asked for a series name confirmation for "The Bridge" twice so far when searching TVMaze for completely unrelated shows. It asks me to pick from a list of possible matches, but since the shows I'm renaming don't have "bridge" anywhere in their titles, I hit Skip - after which it spits out matches for the shows I was actually looking for as if nothing had happened. Is FileBot suffering from dementia? :roll:
Please provide screenshots and example file paths so we can try to reproduce this behaviour.

:idea: viewtopic.php?t=1868
Spox

Post by Spox »

This seems totally random, and probably non-reproducible using the same inputs. After it happened the second time, I ran the same shows through FileBot again, to see if I could reproduce it, and they went through fine. If it happens again, I'll try to get a screenshot, but I doubt it will help.

One thing that might: I usually dump episodes from several different shows at once into FileBot, so it's not looking for Show X s01e01, s01e02, etc, but rather Show X s02e03, Show Y s05e010, Show Z s03e06... This sometimes confuses FileBot, and it tries to make them all episodes of the same series. It may also happen on shows FileBot has trouble with anyway, like "Magnum P.I." vs "Magnum, P.I.", or "The Goldbergs" vs "The Goldbergs 2013", or mixing "NCIS" with "NCIS: New Orleans". I've learned that some shows don't play well with others, and are better to process separately.

Since this happens very infrequently, it isn't really a problem I expect a fix for. I posted about it mainly to see how prevalent it is, and if anyone else had had similar issues. Maybe it's just me. Thanks anyway for your attention.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Spox wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 23:32 One thing that might: I usually dump episodes from several different shows at once into FileBot, so it's not looking for Show X s01e01, s01e02, etc, but rather Show X s02e03, Show Y s05e010, Show Z s03e06... This sometimes confuses FileBot, and it tries to make them all episodes of the same series. It may also happen on shows FileBot has trouble with anyway, like "Magnum P.I." vs "Magnum, P.I.", or "The Goldbergs" vs "The Goldbergs 2013", or mixing "NCIS" with "NCIS: New Orleans". I've learned that some shows don't play well with others, and are better to process separately.
This "spill-over" effect is indeed a thing and can be very useful for many uses cases, except it's it can also potentially lead to bad results, usually as a result of there not being any good results to begin with, thus going with the "next best" thing.

:idea: Processing each tricky file individually may help. You can use the DELETE key to remove matches from the list when you see the mismatch the first time around, so you can then deal with it later.

:idea: Using Smart Mode: Automatic may also give you better results in this particular corner case compared to just clicking TheTVDB.
Spox

Post by Spox »

Please provide screenshots and example file paths so we can try to reproduce this behaviour.
Just happened again, this time when looking up FBI and FBI: Most Wanted on TVMaze:

After hitting Skip on the imaginary title, it renamed the original 2 files normally:

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you provide the complete file path for one of these files as text? (you can press F7 to copy the Original Files / New Names information you see to the clip board as text)
Spox

Post by Spox »

Not sure what you mean by "complete file path". The folder they were in on my computer at the time? URLs to torrents of the shows? Since they've already been renamed and moved, I no longer have the "original" files. :?:

Here's the system info, history, and error log - no mention of "The Bridge" in the history or error log though:

FileBot 4.9.3 (r8338)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 20.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2021-02-22 (r738)
Groovy: 3.0.7
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.2
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 24 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 48 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [Media-1] @ 240 GB | NTFS [Media-2] @ 117 GB | NTFS [Media-3] @ 524 GB
DATA: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License xxxxxxx470 (Valid-Until: 2070-12-23)

<history>
    <sequence date="2021-03-17T14:09:33.105-07:00">
        <rename dir="D:\Downloads\Torrents" from="FBI.Most.Wanted.S02E09.HDTV.x264-PHOENiX[eztv.re].mkv" to="FBI Most Wanted s02e09 - One-Zero.mkv"/>
        <rename dir="D:\Downloads\Torrents" from="FBI.S03E09.XviD-AFG[eztv.re].avi" to="FBI s03e09 - Leverage.avi"/>
    </sequence>
</history>
Error.log:

Mar 16, 2021 4:49:12 AM net.filebot.Parallelism lambda$map$7
WARNING: CancellationException
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at net.filebot.Parallelism.lambda$map$7(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.EpisodeListMatcher.match(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenamePanel$AutoCompleteAction$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenamePanel$AutoCompleteAction$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.showInputDialog(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.EpisodeListMatcher.selectSearchResult(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.EpisodeListMatcher.fetchEpisodeSet(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.EpisodeListMatcher.matchEpisodeSet(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.EpisodeListMatcher.lambda$matchVideoFiles$7(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.Parallelism.lambda$callable$8(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.CancellationException
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.lambda$showInputDialog$3(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.CancellationException
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.EpisodeListMatcher.lambda$selectSearchResult$8(Unknown Source)
	... 1 more
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, I can reproduce the issue with the following file paths:

FBI.Most.Wanted.S02E09.HDTV.x264-PHOENiX[eztv.re].mkv
FBI.S03E09.XviD-AFG[eztv.re].mp4
It asks for "FBI" and "FBI Most Wanted" but then also asks for "The Bridge" for mysterious reasons. Turns out that "FBI" is a potential release group name, and "Most" is the original čeština title for "The Bridge" which is an unfortunate coincidence which leads FileBot to ask, even though it will most likely end up matching an "FBI Most Wanted" episode over an "The Bridge" episode.
Spox

Post by Spox »

Cool. As stated earlier, I wasn't really expecting to get this fixed - I was just curious about why it was happening. Your answer makes sense, and restores my faith that there's an underlying order to the the universe - even if it's not always that clear to see. Thanks again for your time and effort getting to the bottom of this. :)