Newest Jar

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
part timer

Newest Jar

Post by part timer »

I'm confused again.

I downloaded the latest jar to take a peek at this new imdb rating.

1. I opened it up and dragged in a folder with a handful of movies in it that all have matching nfos full of data, spent all day getting these nfos for like 1000 movies. Thinking that now I can drop them into filebot and it will know 100% which movie each is. Pop up window asking me to type in the name of the movie, shocker. After hitting enter it pops back with an error, java.lang.NullPointerException. I have others that give the same error, but I haven't narrowed it down to which ones yet.

But when I take that movie out (tt0342443) the rest work like I hoped they would. I tried the imdb rating and it works, I LOVE IT, thank you.
2. Maybe it gets cached somewhere though because I noticed tt0120915 says it gets a 6.4 when I can see it's 6.5. I can live with that, totally, just wanted to ask your thoughts.

3. tt0234889 shows a rating of blank, even though it has 779 users voted on it, I don't know how common that will be

I like how the right pane gets cleared out now when you click match. The nfos have the media info attached so they are going to be renamed to match the vid file as expected now.

It's not matching all the movies to the matching nfos that are in the folder with them each time though.

I'll send you an example
rednoah
The Source

Re: Newest Jar

Post by rednoah »

1. Send me the filepaths and I'll check if I can reproduce that. Probably still stuff I overlooked when changing lots of stuff in that logic.

2. It's cached for 7 days.

3. Should work, but some values for N/A (http://www.imdbapi.com/?i=tt0234889&r=x ... toes=false) which crashed it. Fixed now.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

1. I sent one, but can send more via pm

2. Cool, my hope was if I get another version of the same movie later on it throws it into the same folder, which may change when that rating changes, I don't know an easy way around that. It would be not to have the rating there, but I want it for anyone browsing the folders in an explorer window.

3. Meaning next jar again?

4. So a few problem movies ask me to pick from a list, or enter the data and give me that null error. When I throw that same batch against TMDB instead of IMDB they work, with a couple of pop ups asking to choose, but WAAAAY less and no java null error.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. 3. Yep, new jar => r1138 ;)

2. Why not round the rating? 1 to 10, already 10 times less likely to change. :P

4. Couldn't reproduce any errors by manually entering movie name.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Maybe I'll wait again.

2. Hmmm I think I'll do that for my new stuff especially, since newest stuff is most likely to change already and the old stuff will become static folders that don't change.

So instead of

Code: Select all

{"  [Voted {imdbapi.rating}]"}
what would I need to put to round up over .5 and down for .4 or less and only show one digit instead.

Thanks for this, and the idea.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Try:
{Math.round(imdb.rating)}

btw changed binding names:
imdbapi => imdb
imdb => imdbid
part timer

Post by part timer »

I can't get that to work. Did some googling and so far still no luck.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Works:

{imdb.rating.round()}
Also works:

{Math.round(imdb.rating)}
Or if you still want the decimal, i.e. 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, ...

{imdb.rating.round(0)}
part timer

Post by part timer »

That was the first thing I tried after googling it. Those didn't work right away for me, but what eventually did work with a lot of trial and error was:

{"  [Voted ${imdbapi.rating.round()}]"}
Thank you for the help though

I took everything else out of the movie format and had only this in there to simplify it, with and without $ and {} []
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, since it's it's a full expression inside a String you'll have to use ${...}, also keep in mind that with the latest jar it's {imdb} not {imdbapi}
part timer

Post by part timer »

Yeah I see that. I'm just playing with it right now. Could you post a list of all the new field names that just came out of this?

So far I see "imdb.actors", "imdb.xxx"

Actors, Cast, Certification, Director, Genres, Id, Images, ImdbId, Language, Name, OriginalName, Overview, Rating, Released, Runtime, Tagline, Type, Url, Votes

That would be awesome, it's a whole new world.
Last edited by part timer on 24 Jul 2012, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Thanks for pointing that out, but I already stumbled across that. One more thing about imdbid though
I want to do:

{"  [Imdb tt0$imdb.Imdbid]"}
but the problem is that some ids are 6 digits with a zero in front and some are 7. Ok well they are all 7, but the ones that have a zero in front show as 6. I can't hardcode the zero because that won't work for the 7 digit ones. I need a way to make .pad(7) or something, which doesn't work for me. Maybe it's the way it's formatted again though. ??

This is awesome.
----Edit

Never mind.
I got it.
I did it.
So proud of myself. It's just the crazy syntax with all my ""{}[] and $, but I got it. Exactly what I was trying to do.

{"  [IMDB tt${imdb.imdbid.pad(7)}]"}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you just write {imdb} it'll evaluate to a list of properties you can use.

btw better use {imdbid} instead of {imdb.imdbid}. {imdbid} won't need a network request, {imdb.imdbid} will unless things are already cached, and might not work depend on what imdbapi returns.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I just thought you had to use imdb.whatever for each one, which so far with my testing I do have to. In my post above I edited afterwards by doing just what you said before you said it. I renamed a file with {imdb} so it would spit out it's list of options and then I edited my post and copied and pasted them above.

On my system when i try imdb.imdbid it works. When I try imdbid on it it's own it doesn't. With $ and without with {} and without, doesn't work for me.

Also, some of the imdb stuff below works without "imdb." but that's probably because they already worked before, like director and actors, even though I never tried them before. Some of them I can't get to work at all though.

These seem to work for me with "imdb." in front of each of them:

Actors, Cast, Certification, Genres, Images, ImdbId, Name, Rating, Tagline, Votes
These don't work for me with "imdb." in front of them, they seem dead:

Director, Id, Language, OriginalName, Overview, Released, Runtime, Type, Url

Maybe I need to do a -clear first? I don't think I need to as it was a fresh jar. Does that -clear work for standalone jars too, or only my main install btw? Just tried to clear it and same bindings still, for now I'll keep imdb.imdbid
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{rating} => {info.rating} => TheMovieDB rating
{certification} => {info.certification} => TheMovieDB certification
{imdb.rating} => IMDb rating

{imdb.*} only supports the data it can get from www.imdbapi.com

Getting a new jar doesn't clear any settings or cache. It's all stored in the registry and your home folder.

Just use {imdbid}. It works. With real data that is, in the expression editor some stuff is not available.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Ok, the latest news with the jar.

That problem file I had before with the null error, still there with imdb. When I match with tmdb it's all good. I like the imdb info, but I don't like how slow it can match. tmdb is fast, but if I have to choose between info from imdb and tmdb I choose imdb. Now I can. I just used tmdb to match but using imdb info for the name, certification, rating and imdbid, awesome. The only catch I found with any of that is that some short films or whatever don't show a certification, so they get N/A. The problem is that filebot sees that as a directory split. The only reason I really noticed it though is because of the different colors of the folders, so that rainbow helped me out. My first thought was I changed it to replace / with a space or no space, but I think I settled on .remove(N/A) instead and it doesn't get shown at all if there is no certification.

So I think I can just use this one and match against tmdb, but I don't know why i still get that null java error with imdb and certain files. My format expression just keeps growing and growing and growing.

I'm very slowly getting better at this.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

'/' should be cleaned up automatically... in some cases anyway.

Anyway, send me all those filepaths that make things difficult and I'll have a look.
part timer

Post by part timer »

When you click match and the right side gets populated with the titles and an hour glass beside each one does it wait for a process to put that little green arrow on the hour glass?

I've had a few times now where it will match a large batch but then just sit there. No little green arrow appears on the hour glass and so the name doesn't get updated with what it's actually going to rename to. Then I lose my patience and close the program thinking it's stalled. Buttons respond, but without that side being filled up I can't click rename and without that I don't know what else to do besides restarting it. This isn't just this jar it's happened several times. Is there something I can do about this?

Thanks as always
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That part can't hang. One of the hour glasses always has a green arrow. Does it happen after you rematch multiple times? Maybe something is still working in the background. Sooner or later it'll get to the stuff that's visible to you.

Not what's happening in your case, I've never had any problem with that whatsoever.

e.g. what happens if it's in that "doing nothing" state and you change the format expression?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Try r1144. Should be much faster in various aspects when matching loads of movies.
part timer

Post by part timer »

So I think a few times the lack of green arrow was from windows explorer crashing and filebot continuing to run. I'm guessing it relies on something in explorer that gets broken when it crashes and restarts.

I still have 3 movies that take forever to go from green arrow to new title. I don't know if there is something about these video files themselves, maybe that's it, maybe it's the mediainfo choking on the video? Then once it sits there for awhile I've had a few after 5 minutes change to the new title (so strange) and I've had it give up and no more green arrow. I've also had if I give up and drag a new folder in while I'm waiting it breaks, no more green arrow.

Yep, I just took out the media info type stuff and the one movie that chokes it can be renamed in 5 seconds, still not as fast as I've seen, but better than nothing. That I guess you can't test with just blank files on your end. I just added the sdhd tag, thinking I'd try one at a time and it's maybe 2minutes now.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I know I've brought this up in the past, but I'm going to say it again. It would be awesome if, when filebot fails, it could fail on that file and keep going like I think the scripting can. Just grey out the files that it can't handle, or get errors and let you process the rest.

If you have to crash it, my problem is on a null java error I have no idea which file of the 100 is the problem. So I'll grab 50. Then I'll grab 20. Trying to get it to run, without knowing which I need to eliminate. If it could grey out the files it doesn't like I could rename the rest. If it could show me the rename pane halfway down the right side and stop at the problem files that works too.

I wish I could do the same if I wanted to stop it too, instead of just closing the program, hit a cancel matching button where wheel is spinning and see what has been matched so far and let me rename the ones it has so far.
part timer

Post by part timer »

rednoah wrote:'/' should be cleaned up automatically... in some cases anyway.
In some maybe. But the movie face off and superman doomsday both ended up with a "/". I threw in a n.replace to replace / and \ with a space but one of them turned everything red (\)and said I couldn't use it. I have the .replace for the other so it shouldn't be an issue for me again personally, but I think the (/) should be added to the list when you go to rename if it's in the filename it says whoa please validate this and it removes it, like a ? and some other symbol I had removed that I can't think of right now.

I understand users can use \, but if it's returned in the name from any of the databases, I just think it should be parsed out or something?
part timer

Post by part timer »

rednoah wrote:Try r1144. Should be much faster in various aspects when matching loads of movies.
I haven't noticed a speed increase yet, but I have noticed that since switching to this one, the movies that give me the java.lang.nullpointerexception with imdb matching used to do the same with tmdb. Now instead it spits out a url type error fyi:

I'll try send the file listing, confirmed it seems the ones that hang and hang with the green arrow is somehow media info related, but I don't know what's wrong with those video files.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

OK, started ignore (V) type movies cause lots of them where cluttering search results, seems like there are some valid video movies as well. TheMovieDB doesn't have that one in there DB so it failed. Gonna handle these cases more gracefully with r1145 => new jar ;)