Renaming folders not working

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Rob

Renaming folders not working

Post by Rob »

I have recently upgraded from v4.2 to v4.5 on 64bit Windows 7 and can no longer add folders via "Link-Drop" i.e.(Ctrl+Shift+Drop).
It recognises that I'm pressing Ctrl + Shift because the "Link" text pops up under the curser, however when I let go of the mouse nothing happens; no error message either.

Happening to anyone else?

Thanks in advance,
Rob.
DarkLite1

Re: Renaming folders not working

Post by DarkLite1 »

Hi Rob, I am working on Arch Linux and am experiencing the exact same issue as you have. The previous version did not have this problem but this one (v4.5) does.

Steps to reproduce:
- Select a bunch of folders where each folder contains a movie file and the folder name is more or less like the movie title
- Press CTRL+SHIFT and drag and drop the selection of folders into the 'Original pane' for 'Renaming'
- The special 'link' icon becomes visible (so Filebot recognizes it's going to handle folders instead of files)
- Release the mouse button and you'll notice nothing is dropped in the 'Original pane'
> Result: Nothing happened / nothing visible

Workaround:
- Not possible via the GUI
- Commandline: filebot -script fn:renall "path/to/movies" -non-strict --db TheMovieDB --def target=folder

The strange thing is dropping the folders without holding CTRL+SHIFT works fine, as it's dropping all the files in the 'Original pane' perfectly.

Thank you for checking this out.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thanks, this is a very good bug report! :) I'll have a look at the code right away.

EDIT:
Fixed with r2611. Might need to update the v4.5 packages with another hotfix. :|
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DarkLite1

Post by DarkLite1 »

Awesome! Thank you very much. Looking forward to the next stable release.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This was a pretty bad regression issues, so I updated the v4.5 release files:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 893#p11893
DarkLite1

Post by DarkLite1 »

Works again in v.4.5.3. Thank you very much for the fast fix :)
supersayian

Post by supersayian »

I tried using v4.5.2 and v4.5.3 in the corrosponding folders on sourceforge with the B1 at the end. It didn't work in either one. When will the folder rename for tv episode and music work again? I am running the 32 bit version of both java 8 and filebot on windows 7 x64. when using the ctrl + shift it drops the folder in for renaming but when you select either for tv or music it does not nook for the name for the folder. Example Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) [OST][Deluxe][FLAC] and wanted it renamed proper for music. had the same for tv it won't search for Star.Trek.TNG.S04.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS I mean no little spinning circle with 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the new names in filebot. It is really disappointing that it wont rename the folders in the gui.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

"Folder mode" just forces FileBot to treat folders as if they were files.

Avatar (2009) folder | Avatar (2009).mp4 file => Same thing.

Star Trek S4 folder | Star Trek S04E01 file => Not the same thing. FileBot cannot rename season folders, there'd be no point. If you think you need to rename folders you're doing something wrong.

Same for music.

If you want to move files into a new structure see FAQ #1 for how "renaming folders" should be done.