'Guest Stars' field on TheTVDB

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
topbanana

'Guest Stars' field on TheTVDB

Post by topbanana »

Is there any way of getting at the 'Guest Stars' field on TheTVDB? I can't see it on the list...

Sometimes the chat/panel show title doesn't show the guests, so it'd be nice to be able to pull this data in.
The field contains the Pipe | character separating each guest which we'd have to strip out... FB can do this?

Awesome application btw!
rednoah
The Source

Re: 'Guest Stars' field on TheTVDB

Post by rednoah »

No. I doubt that TheTVDB supports this kind of information.

EDIT:

Do you mean {actors} binding?

EDIT2:

I see that they've recently added per-episode GuestStars info. That's not supported right now. Also, I don't see the point of providing this kind of per-episode information.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
topbanana

Re: 'Guest Stars' field on TheTVDB

Post by topbanana »

rednoah wrote:...
I see that they've recently added per-episode GuestStars info. That's not supported right now. Also, I don't see the point of providing this kind of per-episode information.
There are shows that really need this field tho.
The UK's 'QI (Quite Interesting)' is a perfect example as each episode has a title/topic (e.g. S01E01 is 'Adam') but since it's a panel show, it's pretty normal and very useful to list the quest stars in the filename. It's the guests you remember and when searching for a show it's those you're scanning...

Currently:
QI - S01E01 - Adam (2003):
What i'm after:
QI - S01E01 - Adam - Danny Baker, Hugh Laurie, John Sessions (2003)

TheTVDB's record of the show:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 4494&lid=7

The TheTVDB's entry for QI has the topic as the episode title and the guest stars correctly entered in to the 'Quest Stars' field (separated by | pipes).

I don't think it'd be too cool to go thru and edit all the QI records to merge the guests in with the title, someone would probably have a fit (tho this format is common for other panel shows on there)... Hence it'd be nice to pull the field in when renaming my files. then everyone is happy.