FileBot Crashes On Ubuntu 12.04

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
alteredstate

FileBot Crashes On Ubuntu 12.04

Post by alteredstate »

Hello Everyone,

Whenever I try to open FileBot (version 0.0.0r465-1~getdeb1) on Ubuntu 12.04 it immediately crashes. Here is the output if I try to start the app through Terminal:

Code: Select all

$ filebot
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: This function should be called while holding treeLock
	at java.awt.Component.checkTreeLock(Component.java:1196)
	at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Container.java:1682)
	at net.sourceforge.tuned.ui.AbstractFancyListCellRenderer.validate(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.tuned.ui.AbstractFancyListCellRenderer.getListCellRendererComponent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI.updateLayoutState(BasicListUI.java:1361)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI.maybeUpdateLayoutState(BasicListUI.java:1311)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.valueChanged(BasicListUI.java:2623)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:164)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:211)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:405)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:415)
	at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:459)
	at javax.swing.JList.setSelectedIndex(JList.java:2212)
	at net.sourceforge.filebot.ui.MainFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:721)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:682)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:680)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:691)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:244)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:147)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:139)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:97)
It obviously looks like something to do with Java but I wouldn't even know where to begin. I also have oracle-java7 installed if that makes a difference. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Crashes On Ubuntu 12.04

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 3.0 is at r1207. Use the latest version, not something that has been outdated for 1-2 years.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
alteredstate

Post by alteredstate »

rednoah wrote:FileBot 3.0 is at r1207. Use the latest version, not something that has been outdated for 1-2 years.
Thank you for your reply! This is my mistake, I setup the GetDeb repository and was assuming they provided the latest and greatest Filebot...but they did not. Is there a PPA that is dedicated to providing the latest version of FileBot? I try to avoid installing Debian packages directly because then I must always venture back to the website if I want to upgrade the app versus running a simple "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade".
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That would be nice, but I don't really have time to maintain a PPA. Still hoping that someone will volunteer for that like for Arch and Synology.

PS: You can have the job if you want. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.