Feature Request: Episode level NFO

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
romeriz

Feature Request: Episode level NFO

Post by romeriz »

All,

I am finding I am missing one feature from this excellent tool and that is the creation of episode level NFOs. Are there any plans for this feature?

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Feature Request: Episode level NFO

Post by rednoah »

Why would this be required? All the media center software can grab additional episode info once files can be identified.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
romeriz

Post by romeriz »

I am using plex with an XBMCNFOimporter and it does not seem to supplement the information. If I have an episode level NFO it does use that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't know what XBMCNFOimporter does, but Plex is perfectly capable of fetching it's own info. I'd report the issue in the Plex forums if Plex isn't grabbing episode info for any your episode files.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Unofficial custom AMC script (advanced users only)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5451
HarryMuscle

Post by HarryMuscle »

Wanted to bump this to see if there's any chance of this getting implemented. Some of us like to curate all information including episode descriptions. Using FileBot first and then having to use another tool to generate the episode nfo files makes one want to switch away from FileBot and just use the other tool that does support generating episode nfo files. Would much rather use FileBot for everything.

Thanks,
Harry
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I've added a script with basic functionality, to be extended or modified as needed:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... nfo.groovy

e.g. generate Episode NFO from xattr metadata:

Code: Select all

filebot -script dev:nfo /input
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

I think you need to add

instanceof MultiEpisode
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

MultiEpisode objects are an unsupported corner case. But if anyone actually has that use case, and a sample NFO for that, then we can look into adding support.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

No it's not and it's easy to add
I did years ago ;)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5451

NFO:
1 ep:

<episodedetails>
</episodedetails>
2 ep

<episodedetails>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
</episodedetails>

3 ep

<episodedetails>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
</episodedetails>
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Episodes

btw: I believe png is wrong and -thumb.jpg correct

def thumbnailFile = outputFile.dir / outputFile.nameWithoutExtension + '.png'

def thumbnailFile = outputFile.dir / outputFile.nameWithoutExtension + '-thumb.jpg'
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not supported by the script in its current state :lol: that is, until someone actually has that use case and puts in a feature request. @HarryMuscle resurrected this request, but we haven't even confirmed if he's actually using Kodi, so let's see what we need first. Same for thumbnail naming and image format. JPG is lower quality, so we use PNG by default until we have a reason to use JPG instead.

I'm also a bit dubious about generating invalid XML files (can't have multiple root elements) but if that's what we want, then I'll see into making it work.
HarryMuscle

Post by HarryMuscle »

rednoah wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 15:41 Not supported by the script in its current state :lol: that is, until someone actually has that use case and puts in a feature request. @HarryMuscle resurrected this request, but we haven't even confirmed if he's actually using Kodi, so let's see what we need first. Same for thumbnail naming and image format. JPG is lower quality, so we use PNG by default until we have a reason to use JPG instead.

I'm also a bit dubious about generating invalid XML files (can't have multiple root elements) but if that's what we want, then I'll see into making it work.
I use a combination of Kodi and Emby. Emby pretty much follows how Kodi does it's NFO files and I think generally people consider Kodi to be the authority on how nfo files should be structured.

If Kodi does the multi episode nfo files that way I would say it's worth adding it to the script.

Also wanted to mention for anyone trying the script out, it requires the latest 4.9.5 beta version of FileBot as I learned yesterday ;).

Thanks,
Harry
HarryMuscle

Post by HarryMuscle »

rednoah wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 15:41 snip

Awesome additions to the nfo.groovy file. Any chance you'd also add downloading the banner and fanart for the series and movies to match how the thumbnail is downloaded for the episodes? Then it would be a perfect database agnostic replacement for the artwork=y option from the AMC script. If that's asking too much I might tackle that myself but you whip these scripts out in no time. Thanks again for all the support.

Thanks,
Harry
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The artwork script (previously just used to print available artwork) has been repurposed for this use case:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... ork.groovy
HarryMuscle

Post by HarryMuscle »

rednoah wrote: 03 Feb 2022, 18:44 The artwork script (previously just used to print available artwork) has been repurposed for this use case:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... ork.groovy
Awesome. Thanks for doing that. I'll check it out tomorrow hopefully. Much appreciated.

Harry
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »