[Support] Could not initialize win32 ShellAPI

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Deviling Master

[Support] Could not initialize win32 ShellAPI

Post by Deviling Master »

Hi, i'm a new user. I was looking for a very long time a software that can do this stuffs.

I'm using this expression to rename my TV Series
/{n.replaceTrailingBrackets()} {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'") .lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')} [{airdate.format("dd-MMM-yyyy", Locale.getDefault()).toUpperCase()}]/{fn}
I'm not sure that i can use "/" as first character to define the relative path. Is it possible to use relative path or i can use only the full one?

But the main question is: When i use the Rename button i get this error

My OS is Windows 7 Pro x64 and I've both JRE versione for 6/7 and x86/x64
JR6 x86
JR6 x64
JR7 x86
JR7 x64

Thank you for your help
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Support]

Post by rednoah »

You can use both relative and absolute paths. On Linux starting with / would make it an absolute path but on Windows it'd have to start with a drive letter. Better just drop the / and it'll be considered relative regardless of platform.

Looks like Java can't hook into the native Windows Shell, make sure you're running FileBot with 64-bit Java 7 so it can load the 64-bit Windows 7 native code.

Alternatively you can switch to the pure-Java implementation by setting -DuseNativeShell=false in filebot.launcher.l4j.ini. This setting is predefined when launching FileBot using the FileBot (platform) shortcut.

Code: Select all

# do not use native shell for move/copy operations
-DuseNativeShell=false
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Deviling Master

Re: [Support]

rednoah wrote:1.
You can use both relative and absolute paths. On Linux starting with / would make it an absolute path but on Windows it'd have to start with a drive letter. Better just drop the / and it'll be considered relative regardless of platform.

Looks like Java can't hook into the native Windows Shell, make sure you're running FileBot with 64-bit Java 7 so it can load the 64-bit Windows 7 native code.

Alternatively you can switch to the pure-Java implementation by setting -DuseNativeShell=false in filebot.launcher.l4j.ini. This setting is predefined when launching FileBot using the FileBot (platform) shortcut.

Code: Select all

# do not use native shell for move/copy operations
-DuseNativeShell=false
Thank you for your reply. I removed all my versions of Java and i installed only JRE-7u7-windows-x64.
As you can see:
>java -version
java version "1.7.0_07"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_07-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.3-b01, mixed mode)
But i get the same error.

Using your advice i edited the config file and now seems to work. Thank you again for your help
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Support] Could not initialize win32 ShellAPI

Post by rednoah »

Btw did you just normally installed FileBot with the 64-bit msi installer? Or the portable bundle?
Deviling Master

rednoah wrote:Btw did you just normally installed FileBot with the 64-bit msi installer? Or the portable bundle?
I downloaded this JNLP file from: http://filebot.sourceforge.net/webstart/filebot.jnlp

For your suggested edit i edited line 27
<property name="useNativeShell" value="false" />
Should i use FileBot_3.0_x64.msi?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

WebStart didn't initialize properly? Better to install via the .msi, normally you shouldn't be able to download the .jnlp but WebStart should automatically start it once you click "Lauch".

EDIT:
I guess the new Java versions have more restrictive security, can't be bothered to figure out why native shell can't load, just gonna set it to use the Java implementation.