Version Number in GUI

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
TehBotol
Supporter

Version Number in GUI

Post by TehBotol »

can you display the revision / version number in the gui (4.6.1 rxxx)

as earlier i tried to update using the web installer so i can try the fix to fanart.tv in r3262
but the web installer is still downloading the old filebot and it's an inconvenience to use the command prompt filebot -version to see the version if you only use the gui

and if would be great if there a auto update (version check) inside the gui, like say there is an beta update Vxxxx and maybe a little changelog and a confirmation if you would like to update or not. example MKVToolNix program

thank you
rednoah
The Source

Re: Version Number in Gui

Post by rednoah »

FileBot-setup.exe will download and install the latest stable release. It's not supposed to install beta/rc or any other kind of pre-release. However, there are Windows MSI installers for the latest beta release.

FAQ wrote:Q: How can I tell what version of FileBot I got installed?
Press F5, F5 and open Groovy Pad

Code: Select all

runScript 'fn:sysinfo'
Just hit F5 twice and see what happens. ;)

Latest Beta Revisions and Release Candidates wrote:You can always check the latest changes in the SVN commit log:
https://github.com/svn2github/filebot/commits/master
I can't be bothered summarizing changes for each and every nightly/weekly build. I do try to write useful commit messages though. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
TehBotol
Supporter

Re: Version Number in Gui

Post by TehBotol »

ah should have looked the faq first,,
thanks didn't know you can do f5 f5 :D
rednoah wrote:1.
FileBot-setup.exe will download and install the latest stable release. It's not supposed to install beta/rc or any other kind of pre-release. However, there are Windows MSI installers for the latest beta release.

FAQ wrote:Q: How can I tell what version of FileBot I got installed?
Press F5, F5 and open Groovy Pad

Code: Select all

runScript 'fn:sysinfo'
Just hit F5 twice and see what happens. ;)

Latest Beta Revisions and Release Candidates wrote:You can always check the latest changes in the SVN commit log:
https://github.com/svn2github/filebot/commits/master
I can't be bothered summarizing changes for each and every nightly/weekly build. I do try to write useful commit messages though. ;)