[OpenSubtitles] Exact VS Fuzzy Subtitle Search

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Pitbull_Raven

[OpenSubtitles] Exact VS Fuzzy Subtitle Search

Post by Pitbull_Raven »

Hi rednoah. I have set filebot to watch a specific folder and search for subs at intervals. For most cases it worked fine, but from time to time it won't find a sub via exact or fuzzy search. Thing is if I search for it manually on opensubs, I can find it, and if I try to search by hash using something like VLC (View menu - Subtitles), it's also picked up. Any reason Filebot wouldn't find it although other programs would?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [OpenSubtitles] Exact VS Fuzzy Subtitle Search

Post by rednoah »

Logs?

It's impossible for VLC to find subtitles if FileBot doesn't, assuming both use OpenSubtitles hash lookup at the same time.

You can always use the osdb.explain script to get more information (and post the logs):

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:osdb.explain /path/to/files
@see search.php?keywords=osdb.explain

set filebot to watch a specific folder
Sounds like you're doing something completely unsupported. I recommend running the suball script in intervalls.

I assume you haven't tried the latest revision? Please do:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1609
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven »

rednoah wrote:1.
Logs?

It's impossible for VLC to find subtitles if FileBot doesn't, assuming both use OpenSubtitles hash lookup at the same time.

You can always use the osdb.explain script to get more information (and post the logs):

Sounds like you're doing something completely unsupported. I recommend running the suball script in intervalls.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1609
As always, very helpful. I'll try this as soon as I get to the computer. Much thanks.
Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven »

rednoah wrote:1.
Logs?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1609
Didn't seem to work, even with latest beta. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled all from scratch including context menu extras found in another thread, remade the schedule and now it's working.