Show filename with select dialog

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
s01ipsist

Show filename with select dialog

Post by s01ipsist »

When I match a long list of files, some files will bring up a select dialog with a list of movie names.
The filename is not show; showing it would help the user with the selection process (especially if there are a number of similar titles)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Show filename with select dialog

Post by rednoah »

In 2.4 the title of that dialog should be the movie filename.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
s01ipsist

Post by s01ipsist »

Brilliant. Sorry I had missed that update.

Along the same lines there is sometimes a dialog which asks
Enter movie name
which isn't resizable so the actual filename is often hidden.

I've also been getting a couple of fileio errors. The major hassle is that I can't see which file causes the error, the previous successful matches all get dropped so I have to re do with smaller lists until I find the offending file.

PS. This is wonderful software. I hope my bug reporting helps.
s01ipsist

Post by s01ipsist »

Hmm, it is also worth noting that I managed to bypass my ioerrors by changing from moviedb to imdb for parsing.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In 2.4 TMDb and IMDb only support lookup-by-filename so there should be no file IOErrors since files are not touched. If there's still something there might be some network IO problem causing this. Could be an API problem with the datasource or just network connectivity. If you find it doesn't work for specific files let me know.

In that input dialog the default value should be that of the video file, ideally you would only need to adjust it a bit (eg remove clutter like HDRip that mess up the query). With improved movie auto detection in 2.4 it should be much less of a problem.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.