Music Mode AKA Processing Music files via AcoustID

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

Music Mode AKA Processing Music files via AcoustID

Post by rednoah »

Music Mode:
Due to popular request I've looked into how to best process music files the FileBot way.

How it works:
FileBot identifies music files via AcoustID and it's chromaprint audio-fingerprint technology. That means that artist/title/album metadata will come from AcoustID/MusicBrainz and doesn't even look at ID3 tags, nor does it write ID3 tags. Though of course you can use ID3 tags in your music naming scheme via the mediainfo bindings same as with movies/episodes.

The chromaprint is computed using the fpcalc tools and bundled with the *.msi installers and the *.app bundle. On Ubuntu/Debian this tool can be installed via via apt-get install libchromaprint-tools. Otherwise you can download fpcalc from here.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lyvwyry2k

Re: Music Mode AKA Processing Music files via AcoustID

Post by lyvwyry2k »

I have over 220 gigs of music and am going to try and process them using filebot. Neither I tunes nor WMP have ever had the best of luck correctly identifying all of my music. I am getting ready to install XBMC and am hoping by using filebot on my music folder first will help XBMC correctly identify it. Yours was the first post I came across addressing Music Mode and am a noob at scripting so if you have any suggestions or can point me to the right forums it would be appreciated. I am running Windows 7 ultimate and will happily give you whatever feedback you desire.thnx in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It probably won't work as well as you'd want it. Also I have no idea how XBMC looks up metadata for music. Probably through id3 tags, which is exactly what filebot is not gonna touch.

FileBot uses MusicBrainz/AcoustID so it should have same data to work with as MusicBrainz Picard, for better or worse:
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
wisomtooth

Post by wisomtooth »

Still crawling with FileBot... what does the entire headless command look like?
Cabanur

Post by Cabanur »

Is there any way to write the ID3 tags with the fetched data from AcoustID?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No. Not planned right now. There's plenty of excellent tools for that already.
PhantomHelix

Post by PhantomHelix »

ive got filebot v3.6 (1600) on OS X 10.8.4 and i was trying to use the Music acousticID but it says failed to execute fpcalc error 2 no such file or directory

so i downloaded fpcalc from the first post, but what do i do with it now?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

As long as fpcalc is in the PATH it should work. Try console and make sure the fpcalc command works.
PhantomHelix

Post by PhantomHelix »

PATH?

and the OS X download of fpcalc doesnt come with any documentation, i dont even know where to put the file or what commands
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't know Mac but its the same on all unix systems. Just put it into /bin or /usr/bin or one of the default lookup paths. Just google it. If you can use the fpcalc command from console then it should work from filebot.
PhantomHelix

Post by PhantomHelix »

ok i placed it in the /bin folder of my OS drive and it worked.

i took some flac file and scrambled the file names and deleted all the tag info and put them in a scrambled gibberish named folder then ran them through filebot

it did do what it was supposed to do, however i think the musicbrainz service isn't very good, most files it got 100% but 3 out of ten files from different artists got the wrong song names applied to them and one file it got completely wrong, wrong artist/album/song

so im not impressed with musicbrainz

to bad Shazam doesnt have a public api
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

music mode support via AcoustID and id3 tags is experimental. Just added it because I can. But it's not gonna be the best tool for audio. There's excellent stuff out there already I'm sure.
regknick
Donor

Post by regknick »

perhaps, one day on a far and distant planet, a few hundred of the billions of stars that seemingly circle the heads of the huddled masses will align perfectly for a brief moment in time and that from this magical moment those of us with SIZEABLE MUSIC VIDEO libraries will be able to fully experience the same oodles of joy we're enjoying from all the smartwork being done by the UberFileBot gods of righteous name nation.
trza

Post by trza »

Hey thanks for the project i love this tool. I hope this is an okay place to ask my question. Please feel free to move the thread to its own if i'm cluttering this space. I'm happy to paypal a donation over to the filebot project if you can help me figure this out.

I was curious if there's any sort of manual for the music stuff with renaming (other than the bits that show up above the GUI 'edit format' part. The main bit I'm getting stuck with is the bitrate / format of my albums.

I am currently using foobar (linux, wine, yuck) to format my music in a folder like this

music/Mobb Deep - [1995] - The Infamous (v0)/01.Title of Song.mp3
music/Arcade Fire - [2010] - The Suburbs (320 CBR)/01.Title of Song.mp3
music/Metric - [2005] - Live It Out (FLAC)/01.Title of Song.flac

Like I said, it's the v0, 320cbr, flac bits that im having a hard time figuring out with filebot. I believe the only way I can get this information is via the mediaInfo cli but i may need help.

My current foobar messy renaming is (in case it helps)
[%artist% - ]['['%date%']' - ]%album% '('$if($strcmp(%codec%,MP3),$if($strcmp(%codec_profile%,CBR),%bitrate% %codec_profile%,$stripprefix(%codec_profile%,VBR)),%codec%)')'/$if($and($greater(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%),Disc %discnumber%\)/%tracknumber%.%title%

the disc numbers is very rare for me so i don't necessarily need that.

I believe I just need something like {artist} - {[year]} - {album} - {(mediainfo:bitrate)}/{"${pi.pad(2)}. "} {t}
Where mediainfo:bitrate would be correct syntax (having a hard time figuring that part out)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's plenty of examples on the main page and forums. I recommend prototyping this in the GUI cause you can display all media info and then see what data you need. I reckon the bitrate part boils down to {audio.BitRate} or {audio.BitRateString} though u can add much or logic if other info as well if you want.
regknick
Donor

Post by regknick »

rednoah wrote:There's plenty of examples on the main page and forums. I recommend prototyping this in the GUI cause you can display all media info and then see what data you need. I reckon the bitrate part boils down to {audio.BitRate} or {audio.BitRateString} though u can add much or logic if other info as well if you want.
RedNoah.. quick question regarding music and indirectly music video...

I spent the better part of 60 days around the clock using Picard and properly tagging every single, compilation, full-length cds, soundtracks, what-have-you. 120k tracks.

My question is wanting to know whether or not there is a variation on your artwork script for movies and tv that can be run using Filebot's CLI to retrieve any and all artwork, discs, fanart?

On a related note, I've got another 5k+ music videos from a select group of artists that were covered music wise during the Picard process but tagging them proved more than challenging.

Ideally, I'd like to pull down all the possible artwork from the Picard processed Music and then somehow wiggle the Music Videos into the proper buckets in order to leverage the artwork, etc..

Any thoughts and/or mods you have lying around to your {-script fn:artwork.tmdb /path/to/stuff/} that might do the fetching? Many thnx for all your efforts!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, more comprehensive music processing is not supported nor planned.

btw about music videos. Is the audio stream of the music video equal to the music file? If the length of the audio stream is equal in music video and music file I may be able to make AcoustID work.
regknick
Donor

Post by regknick »

rednoah wrote:Nope, more comprehensive music processing is not supported nor planned.

btw about music videos. Is the audio stream of the music video equal to the music file? If the length of the audio stream is equal in music video and music file I may be able to make AcoustID work.
I'm pretty certain you'll get no argument from me about music processing. Although Picard is pretty damn smart it is a complete PITA that I hope to stay clear of for a while.

Music Videos on the other hand... =) now that's another story. I've not checked the timecode on every single one of them but the majority of them are production/broadcast ready.

I'd gladly send over a couple if you're interested. Just let me know the preferred destination and I'll carve a couple over to you for a look/listen try.

Filebot is some damn good bit slingin. RedNoah. Many thanks for all the effort.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Music videos will be supported with FileBot 3.8 and but require chromaprint-tools 1.0 or higher (packaged with Mac/Windows, on Linux you'll need to find the package).
tjnetworking
Donor

Post by tjnetworking »

Can music videos be found using the AMC script?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Only if music-mode is forced via --def ut_label
joostdb

Post by joostdb »

This software might just be what I am looking for. A few questions:

- Is it possible for me to modify the source code to build in tag editing capabilities (for FLAC files)? - note there are is no other decent software available for this that has some of the functionality that FileBot has.
- If yes, is it possible, once the artist/album is identified, to get the genre information from the website www.rateyourmusic.com, and set this as the genre tag of the file?
- Is it possible to embed album art that is found on AcoustID in the files?

If the above are possible with some minor coding work, I would be willing to invest some time to get the these implemented. I'm not sure if this software is open source or proprietary so forgive me if the above is not possible.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1)
FileBot does not modify files, hence mp3 style tagging is not supported and not planned.

2)
Have you tried MusicBrainz Picard? https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
Have you tried beets? http://beets.radbox.org/

3)
Have you checked SourceForge?
joostdb

Post by joostdb »

rednoah, thanks for sharing the links, looks like these will do what i am looking for.
SHJordan

Post by SHJordan »

I miss a THANK YOU button so hard rednoah... picard is a bless giving, if only there was a plugin to auto-turn off read-only mode on files it would be MAGICAL.