SOLVED NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32....

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
JJR70

SOLVED NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32....

Post by JJR70 »

After installing FileBot on a new Windows install, I received the following error when renaming files:
NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.ShellAPI$SHFILEOPSTRUCT

Others have also reported the error in the forums.

For me, the issue was that I had installed the 64-bit version of FileBot but only had the 32-bit version of Java. I uninstalled 32-bit Java and installed the 64-bit version and FileBot worked fine.

Hopefully this helps someone. :)
thehorsetowater

Re: SOLVED NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32....

Post by thehorsetowater »

Thank You SOOO much this was driving me nuts.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
filenamer11

Re: SOLVED NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32....

Post by filenamer11 »

I had the same issue and it will also give this message the other way around I installed the 64 bit version of filebot then it worked fine after that.
BrainiakZ

Post by BrainiakZ »

Yep, same thing. Maybe a feature request to detect if you don't have the right Java version for processor type?!?

Thanks for the post.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Use the Windows Store. It'll take care of everything and just work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
JJR70

Post by JJR70 »

Yes! I purchased it through the Windows Store back in February. Glad to support the project. :)
kingslay3r

Post by kingslay3r »

Just had this problem as well:

While reading the error message I remembered that I had installed Java 8 Update 131 for Windows 7 (64 bit) last week, and wondered if maybe Java's security settings were causing a conflict. I don't actually need Java any longer, so I uninstalled it and voila! FileBot worked like a charm again.

On a side note, I would recommend anyone with Java still installed on their machine go ahead and uninstall it; it presents more of a security risk than most benefits it provides since web developers have mostly moved away from Java based players and content. I honestly shouldn't have installed it in the first place, some forward thinking would have prevented the need, but installing it provided this learning and sharing opportunity.

Hope this helps someone else as well!

Cheers.