Wishlist for New Features and Scripts

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

Re: Wishlist for New Features and Scripts

Post by rednoah »

Nope, there's no other arguments. You can look at the script itself if you wanna know more.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Unsoluble

Post by Unsoluble »

One more: Where are the scripts located? :)
Unsoluble

Post by Unsoluble »

Oooohhh, I totally just noticed that the canonical scripts are on the web, and not stored locally. Roger. Thanks again! :)
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

I am in the process of renaming 1190 movies... and think about a possible improvement (maybe already suggested? But not found using google).

Matching so many files takes time... And each time filebot cannot automatically match a file with one movie, it stops and prompts me before continuing. So, I can't let it work alone and come back much later or watch a movie without being interrupted..

An idea could be to postpone the "prompts" until all files have been handled... I.e.: similar to moving files nowadays with Windows and being prompt for conflicts only when all files without conflict have been moved.

Doing so, time spent interacting with filebot would be minimized :P

V.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's already there. To a degree, due to parallel processing. If you have 4 cores there'll be 4 threads and up to 4 "prompts" will queue up. Let's say you want to force 32 processing threads when you only have 1-2 cores. In this case you can set -DthreadPool=32 which incidentally is configured that way if you run FileBot with the FileBot (platform) configuration.

That being said. FileBot GUI is made to be interactive. FileBot CLI is made to be non-interactive. If you want non-interactive processing you should be using the CLI. ;)

EDIT:

Scratch that. What you want is already done that way. In movie mode things will continue in the background even if there's a blocking dialog visible. So you can wait for all the network requests to finish in background, and then start interacting with FileBot.
vletroye

Post by vletroye »

Great! (+ Great architecture too).

And thx for the explanation.

V.
Mech_Man

Post by Mech_Man »

Feature request: Export/Import settings
(per my other thread: http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2184)

Used for Backing Up and-or Transporting to another computer, the Format Expressions and the Preferences and anything else that's customized by the user.

Thanks for this super great tool!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the Universe together
itsuia

Post by itsuia »

Feature request:

* Embedded version of Java.
This would alleviate any and all issues people have with this program regarding Java (I see your FAQ is filled with them).

* Allow users to set the path for Java.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The Mac App Store and Ubuntu Software Center versions of FileBot come with an embedded JRE. So that kind of convenience is reserved for the paid version.

Setting the path for java should be possible one way or another for all operating system, though it's different for each of them.
itsuia

Post by itsuia »

rednoah wrote:The Mac App Store and Ubuntu Software Center versions of FileBot come with an embedded JRE. So that kind of convenience is reserved for the paid version.
I'm on Windows, I don't see a paid option.
rednoah wrote:Setting the path for java should be possible one way or another for all operating system, though it's different for each of them.
I'm not talking about the global environment path, I'm talking about a direct path to a Java executable for the application itself.
DavidRTurner
Power User

Post by DavidRTurner »

Feature Request: give GUI Select 'Shows matching ______' wider range

Presently, the 'Select' popup displays the term/word it has found for a given title, returning the shows it could match with that term.
When running just a few shows at a time, it's easy to remember what you're running, and figure out the best match.
But when running dozens of different shows, the Original File list runs past the end of the page, and one can lose track of the titles - and therefore lose track of what would be a good match.
One CAN simply limit the files one searches for to a few dozen at a time...
...but if the popup offered the full filename being searched from, perhaps with the key term found in BOLD, then we could more easily find matches, without having to worry about which file it might be trying to match.

Feature Request: Resizable windows in the GUI

Presently, the Original Files & New Names panes are equal-width.
Typically, the input filenames are not so important to me, so I'd love to be able to minimize that pane's width.
When testing formats, to be able to re-size each pane individually, so I can see the (long) test names without scrolling left/right, would be great!

ALSO: Maybe a word-wrap toggle, within the existing pane widths?
This might be messy on-screen, but toggling it on/off could be useful for those with particularly long formats

Feature Request: Colourized bindings in the GUI

Presently, folders are displayed with different colours, which is great.
If bindings were displayed with different colours, we could see more clearly the effects of tested changes.

As always, keep up the good work!
DavidRTurner
Power User

Post by DavidRTurner »

Feature Request: Multi-format GUI

The ability to select up to several different formats for a given type (i.e. episode, movies...) would be great!

I use my format with, or without, folders (depending on the collection), and have to switch between them regularly.
In this case, it's easy to dump/comment out the first section of my code; but I can think of circumstances where the code might be desired more variably, and one would need to keep separate files for different code formats.
DrTusk

Post by DrTusk »

Hi, thanks for making such a great tool. I've been using AMC to organize things, however, I'd like a way to change the output folder based on the series name. For example, I might want Sesame Street episodes to be moved into d:/kids and Dexter into d:/parents. I can probably figure out a way to modify the AMC script to do this, or I could write another script that runs afterwards and moves things. Thoughts?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You don't need to modify the script, you just need to pass your own format.

e.g.

Code: Select all

--output "D:/Media" --def "seriesFormat={n =~ /Sesame.Street/ ? 'Kids' : 'Parent'}/{n}/{episode}"
Please read the manual. You'll find lots of information about how custom formats work.
Doogie

Post by Doogie »

Hello,

I already use the fn:amc script with deluge postprocessing, but want to process only movie files, while ignoring all tv shows. Is that already possible?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. Make a thread.

Normally you'd use labels like "ignore" but since Deluge doesn't pass that piece of information along properly I recommend using --def ignore=pattern instead. Just need to make sure that pattern matches all the TV Shows, easily achieved by downloading things into folder by label.
nikeb

Post by nikeb »

Hi

Would be a great idea to put in the email report (or in the log)
the duration time of execution of the command line... what do you think about it?

At least could be helpful for the ones that has nas or external storage.
At the moment in the email report there is this (truly helpful) row:

// Generated by FileBot 4.5.6 (r2818) on [HOSTNAME] at [DATE] [TIME]

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

#!/bin/sh
echo START $(date)
time filebot ...
echo DONE $(date)
sersmax

Post by sersmax »

Hi,

very nice work you are doing here.
Dont even want to ask how much time you spend on this masterpice.
Anyway...
I think this wish is a hard one and i totaly understand if you dont want to do that:
Could you make a feature that allows us to merge the movies ect. with the subtitle.
So it gets only one file...
I think the most have .mkv or .mp4 and as subtitle .srt
Short:
merge(*.mkv;*.srt)
out: .mkv with sub in it
ofc i would donate for that (10$)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, modifying / transcoding files is not in the scope of this project.

There's plenty of other tools for that:

mkvmerge -o mymovie.mkv mymovie.avi mymovie.srt
@see https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvto ... e.examples
Jindai

Post by Jindai »

How about a nifty way to fix the colon problem in windows for Validation renaming? a simple offset colon "׃" works fine, youtube videos use this colon, and they download with it, fine, so why not replace a tv show filename like CSI: Cyber with CSI׃ Cyber? Much cleaner, and windows doesn't forbid it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Custom replacements can easily achieved in your format. There's lots of examples, especially for simple replacement.
mutley

Post by mutley »

Support Content / Sports DB. ????

While I used FileBot for TV's and Movies, I've been using my own scripts for renaming and indexing sports content as I have never really found a good source/DB for sports metadata. I recently came across www.TheSportsDB.com and it seems to have a lot of the content I'm after. Before I start writing my own scripts, I wanted to check if this was a DB that FileBot would consider using in it's lookups? It's by far the most comprehensive sports DB/metadata site I've found and seems to be steadily growing.

Thanks.
jobrien2001

Post by jobrien2001 »

Support for custom file paths based on label.

For example I would like my 3D movies to go on "D:\Movies 3D\" not on "D:\Movies".

thanks