For artwork.* scripts add support for setting the ID

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Corey3443

For artwork.* scripts add support for setting the ID

Post by Corey3443 »

Hi,

I have encountered this quite a few times. It would be useful if when calling these scripts if we could also force it to use a certain ID. I encounter this every now and than with Anime (shows/movies) were the listed name does not show up even if multiple results occur.

This option should be optional not mandatory.

An example I found today for the new season:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:artwork.tvdb "Demi-chan wa Kataritai"
or

filebot -script fn:artwork.tvdb "Interviews with Monster Girls"
do not work. Both return "=> Search by Monster"

Regards,
Corey
rednoah
The Source

Re: For artwork.* scripts add support for setting the ID

Post by rednoah »

The artwork scripts assume that the files are already well-organized with TheTVDB and TheMovieDB naming standards.

Since the folder name exactly matches TheTVDB, how can the search fail? Please include complete logs and file structure.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Corey3443

Post by Corey3443 »

filebot -script fn:sysinfo

FileBot 4.7.7 (r4678)
JNA Native: 4.0.1
MediaInfo: 0.7.88
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.1.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-01-05 (r470)
Groovy: 2.4.7
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_111
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 20 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Data: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Done ?(?????)?
Folder Path: (tried both for testing)

Y:\Anime\Series\Demi-chan wa Kataritai\ 
or
Y:\Anime\Series\Interviews with Monster Girls\
Folder Structure (flat because single season)

Interviews.with.Monster.Girls.S01E01.720p.HorribleSubs.mkv            
Interviews.with.Monster.Girls.S01E02.720p.HorribleSubs.mkv
Interviews.with.Monster.Girls.S01E03.720p.HorribleSubs.mkv
I had to manual set the search criteria via shift-click in the gui.

Running the filebot console (powershell)

Y:\Anime\Series> filebot -script fn:artwork.tvdb '.\Demi-chan wa Kataritai\'
Y:\Anime\Series\Demi-chan wa Kataritai => Search by Monster
Done ?(?????)?
Running the filebot console (cmd)

Y:\Anime\Series>filebot -script fn:artwork.tvdb "Demi-chan wa Kataritai"
Y:\Anime\Series\Demi-chan wa Kataritai => Search by Monster
Done ?(?????)?
This happens on series were the name detection seems to just pick a single word that has many results. It happens every now and than.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The artwork.tvdb script is only suitable for files that have been organized with FileBot using TheTVDB with the {plex} naming scheme.
Notes wrote:Episodes are expected to be organized into Show/Season N/Episode XY structure
What you're trying to do is explicitly not supported. However, maybe passing in your own query with --q will help?
Corey3443

Post by Corey3443 »

--q does essentially what I was asking for anyways so good catch. I didn't realise you can stack the standard switches with -script.

I do still encountered this issue with Show/Season N/Episode XY structure were it takes a single common word and than cannot find the matching result. Usually a problem only for anime.

I cannot remember which series they were as most have been manually named using the gui and shift+click.

Just a quick one whilst i've opened this theard. Can you use multiple langs in a single naming command? I like to keep the x-jat naming for folders and english for files. Helps for archiving whilst being compatible with plex/xbmc. Currently i just use a csv to map the path if it is present.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you use AniDB then the folder/file names won't necessarily be compatible with TheTVDB. The examples you posted are definitely not well-named and have not been processed with FileBot.

:idea: The amc script is the reason the artwork.* scripts exist. Yet the amc script does fetch artwork only for Movies and TV Shows, and not Anime.

If you use AniDB, then it's possible:

{localize.'x-jat'.n}
:idea: If you use AniDB, then the artwork.tvdb script will fail, unless you're lucky and it accidentally works for most of your shows.

:idea: Using AniDB instead of TheTVDB makes sure that your files are NOT COMPATIBLE with any HTPC that uses TheTVDB (i.e. all of them) to make sense of your files. If you use AniDB to process your files, then you need to use the AniDB plugin for Plex/Kodi to scrape the files.
Corey3443

Post by Corey3443 »

rednoah wrote:1.
If you use AniDB then the folder/file names won't necessarily be compatible with TheTVDB. The examples you posted are definitely not well-named and have not been processed with FileBot.
Can you define well named? Because since 2014 all my movies / tvshows / anime have been using filebot. The above used the below format (for tvshows/anime series).

{n.space('.').replace(/]/,'.')+'.'}{s00e00}{episode.special ? '.'+t.space('_') : ''}{'.'+vf}{any{'.'+source}{'.'+fn.match(/BD|Blu-ray/)}}{any{'.'+group}{'.NOGRP'}}
My process for a new show or existing:
1. [batch]If the show is a new show, create the series folder as x-jat or eng. Also call artwork.tvdb and remove unwanted pictures (banner etc).
2. [batch]If the show has 2=> seasons change to the layered folder structure (specials are always stored in their own folder).
3. [filebot]Rename and move the file based on the format (passing along the correct path to filebot). Log to separate file.
4. [batch]When job runs, refresh emby + plex.

If you mean bad naming because i remove spaces, or do not keep the episode title in the file name, or store single seasons in a flat folder, i do this for referencing and i prefer the file naming as clean as possible.

Also keeping the x-jat as the root folder is a easy way for me to add an additional title to both plex/emby. This always both names to be searchable (with tvdb being the primary).

I have only had one show since moving to this layout that was not correctly detected in kodi/plex/emby and that was "www.working!!" which plex/emby confused as working!!

By no mean is this a dig at you, I am just confused as what you consider "well named"?

EDIT: Should mention i only use tvdb for anime. Currently I query anidb for the x-jat title. I was considering writing a single groovy script to do all the processing rather than using both filebot and batch/cmd.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you rename episodes with TheTVDB and {plex} as format then files will be well-named and ready for Plex and Kodi:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articl ... d-TV-Shows

I'm not saying that your format can't work. But the less standard-conform, the more you might run into strange/rare corner cases where your format doesn't work.

Using . instead of space and adding extra information after the S00E00 is probably fine, but storing single seasons in a single folder is probably a bad idea though, as is using Japanese/Romaji naming for the series folder, because those things directly clash with the standard, and thus cause problems in a few unlucky corner cases.

If you use AniDB then you will run into strange issue in cases where AniDB and TheTVDB don't happen to overlap (i.e. One Piece is easy, Crest/Banner of the Stars is very difficult).

Here's the canned response you'd get on the /r/plex subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/ ... s/dciiuku/