FileBot V3.3 Music Renamer

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Deadmano

FileBot V3.3 Music Renamer

Post by Deadmano »

Hi there, Rednoah! Firstly I just wish to thank you for literally saving years off of my life! I started collecting movies well over 5 years ago, and have been doing so at a steady rate, however since I have OCD I've had to rename all of them manually, using IMDB or other sources as references. I have been doing so for the past 2 years, so you can imagine how thankful I am! The amount of time FileBot has saved me, wow, to think that it took 2 years on and off to rename a couple of thousand titles, and FIleBot did the exact same amount, in small steps, in a single day!

You can imagine how can I feel now, that you've released the music renamer! My heart stopped for a second, since I haven't even gone through 10% of my music! I just tried it out, and it did its just perfectly, however I have one slight issue. I see it connects to a server to get details of the songs, however I have a naming policy which is [Song Number] [Title] and as of current I can't get it to give me the song number, for instance to have; 01 Song Name, is there any way for it to get the song number from the server and then use that?

Thank you once again for your amazing piece of software, and I really wish you all of the best with it! ;)
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot V3.3 Music Renamer

Post by rednoah »

Glad it works that well for you! :)

I don't seem to get the track number from AcoustID/MusicBrainz, however you can use the MediaInfo bindings to retrieve info from ID3 tags. So at least if the files are already tagged with track number you can use that in your format expression.

e.g.

Code: Select all

{media.TrackPosition.pad(2)}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

Hi there RedNoah, thanks for the reply! :) Some of the tracks, well, to be honest more like 60% of them, do not actually have much in the form of ID3 tags... So it looks like I might have to do that manually, unless you perhaps know of any tool that fills out ID3 tags or could help me speed up the process? Or perhaps you'd integrate that into a future update of FileBot? Either way, you've saved me years of renaming, so doing this by hand would be a small price to pay. Thanks once again! :)

Edit: I tried the format expression you posted above, but I get the following error when I try to use it;
BindingError: "media": Invalid media file: null
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's just the format editor. Set up a file for the test environment to work with via the (x)= button and it'll work. If the format is applied to real File<->AudioTrack matches it'll work.

I guess all the MusicBrainz stuff is pretty good:
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

rednoah wrote:That's just the format editor. Set up a file for the test environment to work with via the (x)= button and it'll work. If the format is applied to real File<->AudioTrack matches it'll work.

I guess all the MusicBrainz stuff is pretty good:
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
Thanks once again, I'll try that rather, and stick with your software as a loyal fan of FileBot, hehehe! I can see FileBot becoming a massive hit, and I'll be sure to spread the word to everyone I can, this software is amazing! Again, a massive thank you, I can't say it enough, I love FileBot!!! :mrgreen: