History in Episodes Tab - Mac App

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
cpwasthere

History in Episodes Tab - Mac App

Post by cpwasthere »

Just wondering if this is possible or could be put in as a potential feature request..

So I download a lot of media, weekly, for my plex server. Mostly TV shows. In my experiences with the app, using the Episodes tab to get episode list offers better formatting than just using the rename back.

I look up a show, it puts it in a tab within the "Episodes" tab and as I add shows, it adds another tab. This is great for quick reference later but as soon as you close the app, that history list is gone. Is there any way to keep that history list ongoing so it doesn't clear out each time the app is closed?
rednoah
The Source

Re: History in Episodes Tab - Mac App

Post by rednoah »

Please add a few screenshots so I can better understand your workflow.

In particular, this makes no sense to me:
cpwasthere wrote:using the Episodes tab to get episode list offers better formatting
Are you referring to the FileBot naming scheme being used to format each Episode item? Or just the layout of the UI?
http://www.filebot.net/naming.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cpwasthere

Post by cpwasthere »

Sure will do once I'm home later from work.
cpwasthere

Post by cpwasthere »

So you were right and the rename field works as expected. For whatever reason, in the past it did not work for me so I was using the episodes tab to get a list of episodes and then sending them to the rename tab. I'll attach a screen to show what I originally meant. I still think it'd be cool if being able to save the history of your searches in episodes was included but I understand most users wouldn't use it. Hopefully it makes a bit more sense now what I was asking. Thanks again for your help.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Alright, I can see how it'd be useful if the auto-matching feature doesn't work. I'll have a look.

Make sure to take screenshots if you have issues with the Rename panel again. Using the Episodes panel and Send To for each individual file must have been rather frustrating...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.