{Stringleft { n } ,1} function please

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Trubbleguy

{Stringleft { n } ,1} function please

Post by Trubbleguy »

Great app, renames and moves fantastically, But i'm starting to get into media server caching errors due to the HUGE number of names in my TV and Movies storage folders, and the memory limitations of my media players trying to load the complete show list into memory
Right now i have to make my "Tv" Store folder break down into 27 sub folders # - Z for all my alphanumeric tv show names.
I rename all my shows to the root and then have to manually drag and drop my shows into their alphabetical folders, Is it possible to add a stringleft function so i can get the first letter of the show name so i can do the following

Code: Select all

g:\Tv/{stringleft {n},1}/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
So if the show is "big bang theory", it will get the 1st character only, the "B", so i can put it into the right alphanumeric folder. g:\tv\b\big bang theory\season......... etc.

nb: if the stringleft command is detected it might be a good idea to check the filename for THE big bang theory, if it finds "the" at the start of a name, default stringleft to use "the" as the output, due to the large amount of shows starting with it. i would like to start using an alphanumeric folder using "the" as the name

Thanks for such a great tool, and thanks for listening.
rednoah
The Source

Re: {Stringleft { n } ,1} function please

Post by rednoah »

You can just use the {az} binding.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Trubbleguy

Re: {Stringleft { n } ,1} function please

Post by Trubbleguy »

thank you, thats what i wanted.... works great.