SSH Copy

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
dvxyz

SSH Copy

Post by dvxyz »

Good afternoon gents,

I would personally find very useful a feature which allows copy and move (copy + delete) files using SSH. I am not sure there is such a feature - I couldn't find any references in the forum.

Background: I am using a RPi to gather all my video files and as soon as new files are available, a shell script shall copy (ideally move) the files to my plex / kodi libraries on a Mac Mini. The Pi is running 24/7, the Mac not and therefore a permanent mounting point in my Pi is not really a clean solution.

Any thoughts?
rednoah
The Source

Re: SSH Copy

Post by rednoah »

I'd use filebot to organize files to a temporary location and the rsync / scp to the final remote location.

If you're using the GUI, then you can use sshfs to mount a remote filesystem and then just move/organize files to that mount point.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dvxyz

Post by dvxyz »

rednoah wrote:I'd use filebot to organize files to a temporary location and the rsync / scp to the final remote location.
Thanks for quick reaction, that's how I am handling it now :)
rednoah wrote:If you're using the GUI, then you can use sshfs to mount a remote filesystem and then just move/organize files to that mount point.
There's a GUI? :o ... just kidding, I use exclusively the CLI in combination with watcher.py (https://github.com/gregghz/Watcher -- not my project).
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I've got my own take on the watcher tool:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... ot-watcher

It's very basic, but it should be pretty light on CPU and memory at the very least (when filebot is not running :P).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.