FileBot wont show

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Gregor717

FileBot wont show

Post by Gregor717 »

Hi. I am not the most tech savy guy around and this will probably have an easy fix. I have recently downloaded FileBot through the Windows store, but when I click the icon I see nothing. It looks like it has opened but I cannot see anything.
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot wont show

Post by rednoah »

Does the FileBot icon in the taskbar show up? Is it possible that FileBot is displayed on a secondary monitor?

What if you click on FileBot (console) instead of FileBot? You can open CMD and then enter filebot to run FileBot and see console output and any errors there may be.

Are you using software such as Rivatuner or Afterburner that interfere with Direct3D graphics acceleration?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Gregor717

Post by Gregor717 »

FileBot does appear on the ask bar. There are no secondary screens connected.
I can open FileBot (console) but it doesn't change anything. It wont allow me to put any information so can run FileBot.
None of these types of software are installed to the best of my knowledge.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you run FileBot (console) and it doesn't close and there's no error output whatsoever, then it means FileBot is running. The window is probably displayed outside of the screen bounds for some reason.

Have you tried this?
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ard-trick/

:idea: Screenshots are always helpful, and might reveal something to me that you wouldn't think of mentioning.
Gregor717

Post by Gregor717 »

Tried howtogeek and nothing worked.
As I said before, not the most tech savy guy around. How do I send you a screen shot?

i
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can upload screenshots here and then post the link:
https://snag.gy/

As a last resort, you can try this: (1) Open CMD and then (2) type filebot -clear-prefs. That should reset the location where the FileBot window is shown and make sure that FileBot is displayed within the visible bounds on startup.
Gregor717

Post by Gregor717 »

Tried the cmd but that hasn't worked. Thought it might be an issue with Java so I tried reinstallking that. Then it tells me the new version of Firefox doesn't support programs like Java any more. Could that be the problem?
Gregor717

Post by Gregor717 »

Hi rednoah. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. I tried CMD again and the first time I must have had a typo because FileBot is now working. Thank you for your help and for putting up with my stupidity. I appreciate the assistance.
Regards Gregor
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

OK, glad it's working now. Must have been some weird strange windows out of bounds issue.

:idea: Java has no effect on FileBot. The Windows Store package of FileBot includes it's own private JRE so it will not touch whatever Java you may or may not have installed on your system.