XML error on Doctor Who (2005) Match on TheTVDB

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
lothian

XML error on Doctor Who (2005) Match on TheTVDB

Post by lothian »

Hi,

I am receiving an error message saying 'Invalid XML: SAXParseException: The element type "DVD_episodenumber" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</DVD_episodenumber>' when I do the Match>TheTVDB lookup for any Doctor Who (2005) episode. Last week this worked fine, but now it fails. I can still match names from any other series I have tried.

I am using the latest version of FileBot downloaded and installed from the Microsoft App Store. (cannot find a version number on the app). I am sorry, I cannot see how to attach screenshots of my problem. The error message displays in a window that pops up for about 10 seconds and goes away.
lothian

Re: XML error on Doctor Who (2005) Match on TheTVDB

Post by lothian »

I discovered a way to send the screenshots. Please view them on the link below.

http://imgur.com/a/VzHdE
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's an error in the TheTVDB API. You can try to clear the cache, but you might just have to wait a few days until somebody at TheTVDB fixes the problem.

These kind of XML errors usually go away after a few days once somebody fixes the illegal characters somebody probably used in one of the episode descriptions. It should work fine with all other shows though. Just deal with your Doctor Who episodes a few days later.

:idea: If you click on the warning message, then it'll copy the message into your clipboard so you can paste it here.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lothian

Post by lothian »

Thanks for the very fast response!

I have pasted the output from the error below. This time it is EpImgFlag that is not correct rather than DVD number. It is looking like the message is being arbitrarily chopped off before completing.

This might be something slightly different than we had anticipated.
-----------------------------------------

Code: Select all

Invalid XML: SAXParseException: The element type "EpImgFlag" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</EpImgFlag>".
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Data><Series>
  <id>78804</id>
</Series>
<Episode>
  <id>1247701</id>
  <Combined_episodenumber>16</Combined_episodenumber>
  <Combined_season>0</Combined_season>
  <DVD_chapter></DVD_chapter>
  <DVD_discid></DVD_discid>
  <DVD_episodenumber></DVD_episodenumber>
  <DVD_season></DVD_season>
  <Director>Euros Lyn</Director>
  <EpImgFlag>2</EpI
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, looks like the server only sent a partial response. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do but wait for it to fix itself. Try again in 2-3 days and report back if it still doesn't work.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Is there a way I can force filebot to use TheTVDB v2 ?

also if filebot use the zip file, unpack it then use that *.xml... then this problem will go away

btw:
" APIv2
A new version of the API has been written which uses JSON instead of XML files. Documentation for this version can be found at https://api.thetvdb.com/swagger. It is highly recommended that any new development be done using the new API. This version of the API will continue to function until October 1st, 2017 at which time it will be discontinued. "
source http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title ... nformation

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_TVDB_API_v2
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can try the latest revision which uses the new API:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1609

If the API sends back cut-off XML files then I wouldn't be surprised if it also sent cut-off ZIP archives. This particular issue here has never come up before, so it's probably something temporary that's broken.

You can also just use Episode Mode: TheMovieDB for the time being.
lothian

Post by lothian »

An excellent suggestion for using TheMovieDB. I had not thought about it. It will not exactly match what Plex will use, but it really doesn't have to.
ddddgggg

Post by ddddgggg »

Just a quick note to tell that i've run the latest jar file (from HEAD in the download section of sourceforge) and it works perfectly with tvdb on files that produced errors with 4.7.9. For me the new API of TheTVDB works well (Linux Debian testing, with filebot 4.7.9 installed as a deb package, with only the jar file replaced by the new one).
Great job!
adplax18

Post by adplax18 »

Hey ddddgggg, you mind posting the updated jar file with it's path in the source? I've had similar issues on synology NAS, but I'm not a java person. Hoping your fix will work for me as well.