Changed naming convention?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Clint
Donor

Changed naming convention?

Post by Clint »

Long time no see. All has beeing going just fine with your brilliant software! Thank you for that!

However, after upgrade hardware and also all software I noticed that movie naming convention in the amc script regarding ":" has changed? Before it was just removed from name/title but now it seems it is replaced with a "-" instead? This kinda mess upp my flow a bit. Is it any way I can avoid that?

:)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Changed naming convention?

Post by rednoah »

Depends on what you're doing... which you didn't specify... presumably command-line? amc script? In any case, you can always use your own format if you're not happy with the default.

@see viewtopic.php?t=4116
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Clint
Donor

Post by Clint »

Yes, cli in Linux. Sorry for meager specification, was tanked by a few beers last night. This happens. ;)

I haven't had the need to specifiy any own naming convention before but relied on the default as I prefer to lean against that as much as possible. Ok, will venture into custom settings there then..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

A few minor things have changed since {plex} became the default format.

You can still find all the old default formats and copy them from here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4116
Clint
Donor

Post by Clint »

Yes, that is the convention I have used before. However, the colon ":" in titles used to be ignored before and now replaced with an "-" instead. I'm not really sure this is the naming convention used for Plex when it comes to movies? I used to have both Plex and Emby and from what I recall they both simply removed the colon ":" as default when doing searches.. Oh well, I'm about to reinstall everything so in a couple of days I will know for sure.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

":" is not supported on Windows, so the {plex} format will replace so it works the same on all platforms regardless of whether you're using Windows, or Linux, or accessing a Linux SMB share from Windows, etc. Plex and Kodi most likely ignore ":" and "-" so it doesn't make a difference there.

In the past, depending on your platform and settings, FileBot may or may not automatically remove ":" after your format has been applied.