Feature Request - File Properties - Description - Title Rename

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
mwherry

Feature Request - File Properties - Description - Title Rename

Post by mwherry »

Good Evening,

I have been amazingly happy since I found this in the windows 10 file store. Its nearly replaced the other tool that I use completely. Having read another post on here (Not in this section) someone asked about the ability to change the properties > Details > Description > Title text. I find this most useful when something like Playon grabs from Netflix and includes the S01EXX in the Title. Plex then displays that. There are other examples where someone posting it decided to add in their own verbiage there.

Is it possible to add that into Filebot, or does it not have access to that section of file data to perform the title change (in the properties > Details > Description > Title text.)

Best
rednoah
The Source

Re: Feature Request - File Properties - Description - Title Rename

Post by rednoah »

Windows Explorer may retrieve that piece of information in different ways from different files, so you can't change it. Unless you modify the file itself which is generally not a good idea, and different for different file types.

If you're talking about mkv files, and if you don't mind using the command-line, then you can use the excellent mkvpropedit tool:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5047

mkvpropedit can easily be integrated with filebot command-line calls.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.