Deadmano's Bug Finds

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Deadmano

Deadmano's Bug Finds

Post by Deadmano »

Since I won't make a new topic for each bug I may come across, I thought I'd just list them all here in this thread for convenience sake. I'll update this post as often as I can, for changes that have been fixed, etc, or you could simply mark them as fixed on this post if you like, Reinhard.
  • There seems to be some issue with renaming files and IMDB and even TheMovieDB, using the latest FileBot Version (3.4).
    • Disregard the below, as it was to a fault of my own, partially. FileBot is currently very strict on its name policy, so if there is even a tiny difference, for example Angels and Demons (1970) and Angels & Demons (2009), it won't list the latter or give the option for it, because currently it doesn't see and as a possibility for "&". Perhaps this could be fixed in a later update? However there is still one "movie" that it won't seem to rename, even though it is listed on IMDB, and that is Assassin's Creed: Lineage. Now IMDB seems to list it as a TV mini-series, and I don't quite agree as there aren't any others in the so-called "series", it's a stand-alone, and I listed it as a movie under my "Action" genre folder. Is the reason it's not picking up the "movie" due to the fact that it is not infact listed as a movie on IMDB?
    • The movie I had was listed as Punisher - Warzone, however when I try to run it through FileBot, it only gives the older Punisher (2004) and not Punisher: Warzone (2008). Even tried renaming the file to Punisher - Warzone (2008) the way I'd have wanted it to come out, but it still doesn't recognize it.
    • An update to this, seems to happen to quite a few titles. Would it help listing said titles? And is there a reason for this, and a possible fix? Surely if these are found on IMDB with the correct name, FileBot should be able to detect it and rename accordingly? It sounds like FileBot is having a hard time piecing the information from the file and linking it to IMDB...
rednoah
The Source

Re: Deadmano's Bug Finds

Post by rednoah »

1. Assassin's Creed: Lineage and any other non-movie is completely ignored. You can try TheMovieDB if they list it otherwise.

2. Angels and Demons / Angels & Demons can't be helped and gets matched to the movie with exactly the same name. Angels and Demons 2009 will make u do the selection. You can always force manual selection via SHIFT-Click datasource.

3. "Punisher War Zone.mkv" works for me with IMDb and TheMovieDB.

4. If you send me file paths (preferably full paths not just file names) I can test things.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

Hi there Reinhard, I hope you're having a good weekend. :)

I'm having a slight issue with a few rare movie titles I come across, regarding the Genre naming of folders with files...

I have a movie called the.collection.2012.bdrip.xvid.avi and when I run it through IMDB, it renames the movie, however it doesn't place the movie in any genre folder, it simply wants to put it into the root of my movie folders.

The format for movies I'm using is

Code: Select all

E:/Movies/{genres.take(2).join(' ')}/{n.replaceAll(":", replacement = " -")} ({y})
The Collection (2012) does have 3 genres, Action | Horror | Thriller, so with the above it should have made or moved the file to the folder Action Horror...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Currently there is no genres entered. You're welcome to add missing information to TheMovieDB:
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/134597-the-collection
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

rednoah wrote:Currently there is no genres entered. You're welcome to add missing information to TheMovieDB:
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/134597-the-collection
Hi there,

I was using the IMDB however... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748227 and as you can see it does have the genres... So what seems to be the problem then? And I'll definitely be sure to contribute to TMDB when such things happen again. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Doesn't matter what datasource you select to search for movies, the format engine will still retrieve metadata from themoviedb. Alternatively you can try using {imdb.genres} that'll pull data from OMDb but may work less well.
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

rednoah wrote:Doesn't matter what datasource you select to search for movies, the format engine will still retrieve metadata from themoviedb. Alternatively you can try using {imdb.genres} that'll pull data from OMDb but may work less well.
Ah, I understand now, thanks! :) Was it not practical to simply have the metadata retrieved from the specific datasource that is selected though? But I'll try the above fix, it should work out perfectly then, at least until TMDB accepts my genre adds. :P

Edit: You mention that pulling the genres directly from IMDB may not work so well, why is that? I tried the above, and it fixes all the issues I had with TMDB not having the genres, so is there something I should look out for?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not really. That way you can use moviedb for search and imdb rating for the filename. Basically it's about minimizig reliance on IMDb as far as possible.

Because IMDb doesn't allow people to steal their data and therefore also doesn't have an API for programs. Only the website for humans. Of course everybody is just scraping the webpage. But it's shit work maintaining a scraper cause it may break whenever they make bigger changes to the website.

Luckily there's omdbapi which keeps track of that and provides the data via a stable http API. But imdb could probably shut it down anytime. And it did last year when it was still called imdbapi. If next time they sue because of the data infringement and not he domain might just be shutdown and some point. So IMDb = BAD
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

rednoah wrote:Not really. That way you can use moviedb for search and imdb rating for the filename. Basically it's about minimizig reliance on IMDb as far as possible.

Because IMDb doesn't allow people to steal their data and therefore also doesn't have an API for programs. Only the website for humans. Of course everybody is just scraping the webpage. But it's shit work maintaining a scraper cause it may break whenever they make bigger changes to the website.

Luckily there's omdbapi which keeps track of that and provides the data via a stable http API. But imdb could probably shut it down anytime. And it did last year when it was still called imdbapi. If next time they sue because of the data infringement and not he domain might just be shutdown and some point. So IMDb = BAD
Ah, alright, I get you now! :) I'll be sure to stick with TMDB and rather contribute there, since I've already made over 30 edits on IMDB today, I feel like a fool! :o
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

Hi there Reinhard! I've encountered a very unusual bug, and I do believe FileBot is hating on my movie collection. :(

I was doing my usual bout of renaming when I came across a file "Trailer Park Boys.avi" and I noticed FileBot simply excluded it, so then I relaunched FileBot and tried to do that single file as I usually do, but no success, not from any of the sources, even did a force Shift+Click and the dialogue that usually pops up didn't even show, but it is working for other files...

The movie it should have linked and renamed to was Trailer Park Boys (1999)
Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383678/

So what exactly is causing FileBot to bomb out here? Because as far as I can tell everything is fine, but that movie for some reason is playing up...

Another weird thing I noticed, come to think of it, was that two prior movies (Cars 2006 and The Adventures of Tintin) when I placed them for renaming simply got converted to (year).avi, without the title or anything else, just the year, I.E completely blank! This is also a first...

Perhaps the update broke something?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's got "trailer" in the name so it gets excluded from any kind of processing. In most cases that'd be trailer files along side the video. Sadly there is no standardized naming other than that the filename contains the word trailer.

Double-Click on the entry on "New Names" list. It'll open TheMovieDB / IMDb page so you can check what movie got detect and if it's in fact Cars.

Send me the filenames so I can try myself and have a look.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Maybe some of the changes I made this week, but works for me:

Code: Select all

Clear cache and temporary files
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\testdata\AMC-TEST
Parameter: ut_title = AMC-TEST
Input: D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\Cars 2006.mkv
Input: D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\The Adventures of Tinti 2011.mkv
Cars 2006.mkv [series: null, movie: Cars (2006)]
The Adventures of Tinti 2011.mkv [series: Adventures, movie: The Adventures of Tintin (2011)]
Exclude Series: Adventures
Group: [tvs:null, mov:Cars (2006), anime:null] => [Cars 2006.mkv]
Group: [tvs:null, mov:The Adventures of Tintin (2011), anime:null] => [The Adventures of Tinti 2011.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\Cars 2006.mkv]
[TEST] Rename [D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\Cars 2006.mkv] to [D:\output\Movies\Cars (2006)\Cars (2006).mkv]
Processed 1 files
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\The Adventures of Tinti 2011.mkv]
[TEST] Rename [D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\The Adventures of Tinti 2011.mkv] to [D:\output\Movies\The Adventures of Tintin (2011)\The Adventures of Tintin (2011).mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

Sent you a PM. :)