How much to donate to get a feature request?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
failstyle420

How much to donate to get a feature request?

Post by failstyle420 »

Again, thank you for this amazing program! You've made my HTPC automation so beautiful and easy that I would easily give my first born to you as a slave (If I had children). The only thing I need from your excellent coding skills is a subfolder blacklist from processing, but copy to parent file's processed folder. Specifically, I would like to process a home folder that will have have subfolders with move names. Within those subfolders will be a folder named "Extras".
F.E. :

Code: Select all

D:\Movies\12 Angry Men (1957) (Bluray)\Extras\

Code: Select all

D:\Downloads\Movies\The.Big.Sick.2017.1080p.BluRay.H264.AACRARBG\Extras\
I would like to process the movie file within "12 Angry Men (1957) (Bluray)" and copy the "Extras" subfolder to wherever the destination is defined. If it's possible to make a blacklist for other folders that would be nice for other people, but I'm only interested specifically in an "Extras" folder. Let me know if I didn't explain this well enough, I've been drinking. :D :D :D

So my question is if this is even possible, how much would it cost me in a donation? Thanks again for this awesome program and thank you for your time! Have a great weekend!
rednoah
The Source

Re: How much to donate to get a feature request?

Post by rednoah »

Thanks, but no thanks. No need for slaves. I'd just automate their work away anyhow. :P

I understand your request, deal with extra files other than the movie, but that's actually a bit tricky once you look at it closer because FileBot doesn't assume anything about your existing folder structure.

There's various ways to tackle this problem though. Are you using the GUI? The command-line tools? Simple -rename calls or the amc script?

Presumably, you're using the GUI. In this case you can select the folders and link-drop them into FileBot. In this case, the folders will be added to the "Original Files" list as single "Folder" item and processed as if that folder was a single unit. Since a folder is processed as single unit, any files or folders inside remain unmodified. If you want to also rename the movie files, and not just the movie folders, then you need to do that in a second step.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
failstyle420

Re: How much to donate to get a feature request?

Post by failstyle420 »

Sorry, I left the country and didn't have access to get back to you. Thank you for the quick response!
Realistically, with how little I actually download specials vs ripping them I can just move them manually and not worry about it.