Version 3.4 headless dependencies

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
bcamp929

Version 3.4 headless dependencies

Post by bcamp929 »

I am running a headless Ubuntu 12.04 (and 12.10) system. In v3.3 when you install filebot, dependencies were listed as:

Depends: openjdk-7-jre | default-jre-headless
Recommends: libchromaprint-tools

In 3.4, it is:

Depends: openjdk-7-jre, libchromaprint-tools

When trying to install and run this version on a headless system, I am presented with numerous java errors. Also, X11 gets installed when installing the dependencies and I am presented with errors regarding the gui. Please update the dependencies so that headless users can install filebot 3.4+ normally. Manually updating the .deb to add the headless dependencies and remove the requirement of libchromaprint-tools resolves the problem for me.
spyderur

Re: Version 3.4 headless dependencies

Post by spyderur »

First: Thank you so much for this amazing piece of software, its truly amazing and is a wonderful part of my organizational workflow. I am also curious as to the dependency changes in version 3.4 as running headless is an absolute must for me. I am currently running v3.3 which is working wonderfully, but i would like to keep up to date to take advantage of new features. Is there some reason for removing default-jre-headless and only allowing openjdk-7-jre?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, there was troubles with n00bs that somehow had a a headless jre installed and then couldn't make filebot work.

Anyway, i'll set it back to depends openjdk-7-jre | default-jre-headless with the next release.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
bcamp929

Post by bcamp929 »

Great! Keep up the fantastic work, the software is amazing.
spyderur

Post by spyderur »

Thank you so much for the quick reply, i appreciate the support, keep up the amazing work!