Weird udev error on Ubuntu !!

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
vincen

Weird udev error on Ubuntu !!

Post by vincen »

Hi,

Running Filebot as a snap on my Ubuntu 16.04 system, I discovered that since few days it doesn't start anymore (have done only ubuntu daily updates but looks like it broke something for Filebot that was already working poorly :(
If I try to start it in command line to see the error, this is what I get:

Code: Select all

udev_enumerate_scan failed
Any ideas what's that damn problem ?

Thanks

Vincèn
kevin008

Re: Weird udev error on Ubuntu !!

Post by kevin008 »

I can confirm that I am facing the same issue on Ubuntu 16.04. GUI won't load after taking a lot of time to run. Running it through the terminal gives

Checked for unresolved dependencies. None exist. Also re-installed openjdk. No luck.
vincen

Post by vincen »

kevin008 wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 03:59 I can confirm that I am facing the same issue on Ubuntu 16.04. GUI won't load after taking a lot of time to run. Running it through the terminal gives

Checked for unresolved dependencies. None exist. Also re-installed openjdk. No luck.
Looks like we are on our owr for that :( Got none answer about that problem as of now....
kevin008

Post by kevin008 »

Yeah. Seems to be a bug related to snap. Some other applications are also facing a similar problem. One solution seems to be using a beta version of snap as follows:

sudo snap refresh core --beta
I did try this and launched filebot from the terminal but ended up with issues like

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
The application did load but then ended up with a whole lot of
java.io.FileNotFoundException
But this actually seems to work for some people and you might be one of the lucky ones. Let me know how it goes. Got to run to office. :cry:

Cheers,
Kevin
kevin008

Post by kevin008 »

vincen wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 04:54 Looks like we are on our owr for that :( Got none answer about that problem as of now....
Found a quick fix. You can also run the portable version of the FileBot from SourceForge.
If you are not OK with portable apps for some reason, then you can uninstall the current snap package (After taking a backup of your current fancy naming formats, of course :D) and then install the .deb package from SourceForge. A downside would be not getting updates unless installed manually I presume.
vincen

Post by vincen »

kevin008 wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 10:32Yeah. Seems to be a bug related to snap. Some other applications are also facing a similar problem. One solution seems to be using a beta version of snap as follows:

Thanks for the info about snap itself ;) Didn't think issue could be on that side !! Here after upgrading snap to beta channel Filebot is working back :)

If I remember portable version is not an option as it gets access at nothing regarding network shares....

Thanks a lot :D
kevin008

Post by kevin008 »

vincen wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 11:13
kevin008 wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 10:32Yeah. Seems to be a bug related to snap. Some other applications are also facing a similar problem. One solution seems to be using a beta version of snap as follows:

Thanks for the info about snap itself ;) Didn't think issue could be on that side !! Here after upgrading snap to beta channel Filebot is working back :)

If I remember portable version is not an option as it gets access at nothing regarding network shares....

Thanks a lot :D

Welcome!