Filebot Hangs when trying to perform an action

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
jdcaduceus

Filebot Hangs when trying to perform an action

Post by jdcaduceus »

I have an issue that I cant seem to resolve. Filebot hangs when trying to perform any function. I have downloaded latest Java 8 build 141 and have the latest Filebot. I have had to use task manager to end the process for filebot as there is no other way to close it when it hangs. I would be happy to share a log file I just dont know where or how to retrieve it if Filebot is even outputting a log file.

I know it must be some other processes that are working in the background to make Filebot hang as I have reinstalled multiple older versions that works fine and even rolled back to previous Java version that worked great for over a year. Still Filebot hangs on any type of performance of any function.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Hangs when trying to perform an action

Post by rednoah »

You can run FileBot from CMD to see all console output.

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.

Screenshots would be appreciated so I can see exactly where FileBot hangs.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jdcaduceus

Post by jdcaduceus »

Will do. Thanks. I normally can handle most things but I am totally stumped. Watch it be something stupid on my part. Lol
jdcaduceus

Post by jdcaduceus »

Code: Select all

Filebot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.93
7-Zip-JBinding:9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-02-04 (rS14)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_161
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-bit Server VM
CPU/MEM 8 Core / 7GB Max Memory / 26 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Done ?(????)?
That is the screenshot I get.
jdcaduceus

Post by jdcaduceus »

Then I get the following when I run Filebot:

Feb 27, 2018, 1:29 pm, net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.Diskstoragefactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file C:Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Filebot\cache\0\filebot_0.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file C:\Users\HTPC\AddData\Roaming\Filebot\cache\0\filebot_0.index

So looks like index is bad -?
jdcaduceus

Post by jdcaduceus »

I see 6 subfolders in the C:Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Filebot\cache\ file labeled 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - #5 is dated the oldest. 0,1,2, 3 seem to be in the last 12 hours when I installed filebot multiple times. Any help in fixing this to get me back to baseline is greatly appreciated.

thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please purchase FileBot on the Microsoft Store. Please understand that private 1-on-1 support is generally reserved for contributing users. Plus, using the latest version from the Store might just fix your problem. ;)
jdcaduceus

Post by jdcaduceus »

I did purchase it from the store - lol I had the older version but I purchased the new release from the store yesterday. Happy to send you the receipt if you want. however, I did resolve my issue - it was the NIC card. Needed to reset and all is working well now.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Best to use the latest version. If it's stuck on network requests in the background somewhere, then that still shouldn't freeze or hang the app. Strange. I haven't been able to reproduce anything like that by messing with the network while FileBot is running.
jdcaduceus

Post by jdcaduceus »

Well I think the issue is that when I am renaming the file - I am sending it to a NAS on a mapped drive. I am surely not the expert here on filebot source code or it inner workings; however, when I was trying to rename files and it would hang - my only guess is that since it was trying to move the file to the NAS on a mapped drive and I was getting NIC errors - that might have been the problem. Now that I have reset the NIC no problems at all. I am still happy to send you my receipt so you dont think I was freeloading :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's fine. Out of curiosity, how did you reset the NIC? Did simply rebooting the NAS and your computer not solve the issue?