Delete Clutter

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Sirillion

Delete Clutter

Post by Sirillion »

Hi,

I would like to hear if it is possible to implement a change to Filebot that can allow for the deletion of clutter files?

My proposed feature would present itself as a new button on the main screen just above the Match button with a red X as an icon and labeled "Clean".
Pushing that button would present a prompt, much like the one you get with finding duplicate files in the destination, whereas you will be able to review the files found and remove any you would like to keep and then delete the rest.

Of course not all would like to remove all files so some kind of option screen would be necessary where you can select which file types should be considered clutter when using said button.

Something like this that could remove the .txt .nfo and .jpg files would be a really good quality of life change to Filebot imho.

...and before anyone goes there ... I do know there is a cleaner script function thingy ... but I want it like this :P :twisted:
rednoah
The Source

Re: Delete Clutter

Post by rednoah »

I feel like what you're asking for is pretty much the same as just deleting all *.txt files. Isn't Windows Explorer really good and search, displaying and deleting files?

The FileBot ➔ Filter feature is also something that would allow you to select all txt/jpg/nfo files and then drag them away (or into the bin).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.