Is subtitle downloading working for others?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
random0munky

Is subtitle downloading working for others?

Post by random0munky »

Hello,

Using FileBot v4.7.9 from the Windows 10 Store.
Windows 10 OS

I am having issues with FileBot finding and downloading subtitles. In the GUI, I select the Subtitles button underneath Episodes on the left hand side. I try and drag a movie onto the blue arrow pointing downward on the right-hand side and nothing happens. What used to happen was a window pops up from OpenSubtitles where it tries to find the movie's subtitle with the option to download. I do not get that window popping up anymore. I have already double checked that I'm successfully logged into OpenSubtitles by clicking on the button that shows an outline of a person next to the find button.

Let me know if there's any further information I can provide. I can provide screenshots, but I feel the descriptions I have given deem screenshots a bit redundant.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is subtitle downloading working for others?

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.7.9 is more than a year old and the Windows Store would have auto-updated you to a newer version a long time ago. Are you sure you're using the Windows Store version?

Some users get confused when they install multiple versions of FileBot. I recommend uninstalling all versions of FileBot you have installed right now, and then only installing FileBot via the Store.

What happens if you click on the Image button? The sysinfo output would be nice too. Please follow the How to Request Help link in my signature. You can also run filebot from CMD to start the GUI with console so you can see console output and check if there are any errors.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
random0munky

Post by random0munky »

My bad. I didn't scroll down far enough on the release notes and announcements thread.

Using FileBot v4.7.19

Here is a link to the imgur album I created of screenshots to help illustrate the issue, including SysInfo
https://imgur.com/a/jqO4G
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please press "Check for Updates" in the Windows Store to make sure you have all the latest updates. The latest version is 4.7.21 and that should fix the problem (assuming that it is what I think it is).

You can press F5 twice when FileBot is open to display FileBot sysinfo output which tells you what version you're running.
random0munky

Post by random0munky »

My bad again. Guess I really don't understand the Windows Store and getting the version number for Apps installed here.

Here's it the imgur link showing that I have the latest available FileBot version available in the Windows Store: https://imgur.com/IDH0jjg

I checked for updates in the Windows Store before making this forum thread.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That is strange indeed. The 4.7.29 release is broken. Please uninstall FileBot and then reinstall FileBot. That way you should end up with the proper latest 4.7.21 release.
random0munky

Post by random0munky »

Yay, it works! Thank you. May I ask how I was able to download and update to FileBot v4.7.29 when v4.7.21 is the official stable released version?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

4.7.29 was accidentally released and immediately replaced with a more stable release. I guess you got it in that time frame. Maybe the lower version number tricked the Store into not auto-upgrading to that release.
random0munky

Post by random0munky »

Ah gotcha. Yeah, I theorize you are absolutely right concerning the downgraded version number didn't get picked up as being the latest stable release.