thetvdb: Failed to retrieve authorization token

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
jake
Donor

thetvdb: Failed to retrieve authorization token

Post by jake »

Good morning,

I'm using the linux cli version:
FileBot 4.7.14 (r5241) / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.8.0_151 / Linux 4.13.0-36-generic (amd64)

Is there a problem with tvdb data access?

Failed to lookup info by id: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to retrieve authorization token: Server returned HTTP response code: 522 for URL: https://api.thetvdb.com/login

thanks
jake
rednoah
The Source

Re: thetvdb: Failed to retrieve authorization token

Post by rednoah »

522 means that the TheTVDB API server didn't respond for some reason. Most likely due to being busy at the time and not able to respond to all requests. If you try again some other time then it'll probably work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jake
Donor

Post by jake »

Thanks for the fast and friendly support :)

BTW: I saw the readme about https://www.patreon.com/filebot. Is this for new versions only? Can I use 4.7.14 without restrictions?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, as long as it works. But if it works, then the least you can do is pledge toward continued support. ;)
jake
Donor

Post by jake »

rednoah wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 11:10 Yes, as long as it works. But if it works, then the least you can do is pledge toward continued support. ;)
It's not working atm but thats probably not your fault :)

Whats the preferred way to pledge patreon or paypal? What will happen when the required 1000 people for patreon goal are not met? Will there be a linux cli version in the future?
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

TVDB has been having some major api issues the past couple days, 522 errors, 523 errors, and the like. There has been a post made on the tvdb forums but so far none of the devs have made a response about it. Hopefully things clear up in a few days or so.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'd prefer continuous Patreon support over a one-time donation.

If less than 1000 people are interested in supporting FileBot, then I'll take the hint, and focus my efforts on the Windows / Mac / GUI versions of FileBot.

Here's a related thread on TheTVDB: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=46117
jake
Donor

Post by jake »

rednoah wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 04:30 2.
If less than 1000 people are interested in supporting FileBot, then I'll take the hint, and focus my efforts on the Windows / Mac / GUI versions of FileBot.
Sad but understandable. I hope there will be enough people to support this concept to have a linux version in the future.

May I suggest adding something like this to your patreon/Readme:

TL;DR: Keep the filebot linux version alive by spending $1 per release ($12 /year)