And the PLEXmovie DB be added??

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
ChefGregS

And the PLEXmovie DB be added??

Post by ChefGregS »

I have found that many movies that simply will NOT hit on either of the stock db's (omdb / tmdb) are found quite easily in PLEX using the PLEX movie db option. I name the file manually using information I find on various sites...in the format that I have set up for Filebot...and then I do a manual MATCH inside of PLEX. Almost 99% of the time if TMDB and OMDB won't find the movie for whatever reason (even if it IS on their web site db version...and even when I know for a fact it's named in a way that Filebot SHOULD easily find it..but doesn't) Plex database will get it correct.

Just a thought... An example is The Colour of Magic (2008) Even using the WRONG spelling of COLOR, TMDB and OMDB will NOT find it. It IS on their web site if you search, however. That said...I named it myself:

Code: Select all

The Colour Of Magic [2008, NR, 189 Min] [David Jason, Sean Astin, Tim Curry] [Adventure, Comedy, Family] [720p, AAC@2ch]
Once dropped into my Plex folder plex finds it in ITS database very quickly.

So, wondering if you can add the PLEX db to Filebot...another great source for naming all media files..(music, tv, movies, etc..)

Greg
kim
Power User

Re: And the PLEXmovie DB be added??

Post by kim »

Key word here is TV
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/5885-the-colour-of-magic
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079959/

maybe Filebot can use the internal DB to go... hmmm this is probably what you are looking for, but it's listed under TV not Movie ?
Query Movie => [the colour of magic, the colour of magic 2008]
Rank [The Colour Of Magic, The Colour Of Magic 2008] => [The Color of Milk (2004), The Color of Lies (1999), The Colour Out of Space (2010), Goodbye Bafana (2007), The Color of Money (1986), The Color of Rain (2014), The Color of Time (2012), The Magic of Méliès (1997)]
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

kim wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 21:29 Key word here is TV
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/5885-the-colour-of-magic
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079959/

maybe Filebot can use the internal DB to go... hmmm this is probably what you are looking for, but it's listed under TV not Movie ?
Query Movie => [the colour of magic, the colour of magic 2008]
Rank [The Colour Of Magic, The Colour Of Magic 2008] => [The Color of Milk (2004), The Color of Lies (1999), The Colour Out of Space (2010), Goodbye Bafana (2007), The Color of Money (1986), The Color of Rain (2014), The Color of Time (2012), The Magic of Méliès (1997)]
I know it is listed under TV as COLOR of magic in thetvdb, and filebot doesn't use IMDB....but I wanted the MOVIE version. In my opinion, and that of MANY others....tv mini series are movies..especially since almost every 'episode' of the mini-series is a movie in of itself.

PLEX has it as a movie. At the least, it pulls the INFO for it from it's database. Correctly identifying it FROM the movie description. The major issue with listing mini-series as tv shows is that the info for them sucks! I guess I could create a NEW TV button just for TV MOVIES, thus not getting all the 'episode' crap in my file name that is normally associated with TV shows.... Guess I may try that... now that I think of it.

I have tried to convince, via their respective forums, thetvdb and themoviedb to make tv mini-series MOVIES show as movies...but if you have ever dealt with them...you know they all think they are the high GODS of media information and that they dictate the ONLY WAY this information can be... I know the sites are THEIRS, but they truly do believe they are GODS and if anyone DARE to contradict them they get absolutely RUDE!!!! LOL

EDIT: So, I actually did do this... I used my movie format

M:/{vf == /2160p/ ? 'Movies 4K' : vf =~ /1080p|720p/ ? 'Movies HD' : 'Movies'}/{n.upperInitial().colon(' - ').replace('?', '!')} {' (' + fn.matchAll(/extended|uncensored|remastered|unrated|uncut|directors.cut|special.edition|redux/)*.upperInitial()*.lowerTrail().sort().join(', ').replaceAll(/[._]/, " ") + ')'} {any{' Part '+pi}{null}} ({y}) {fn.match(/3D/)}/{n.upperInitial().colon(' - ').replace('?', '!')} {' (' + fn.matchAll(/extended|uncensored|remastered|unrated|uncut|directors.cut|special.edition|redux/)*.upperInitial()*.lowerTrail().sort().join(', ').replaceAll(/[._]/, " ") + ')'} {any{' Part '+pi}{null}} [{y}, {any{csv('M:/replacecert1.csv').get(certification)}{certification}{"NR"} }, {runtime} Min] {[actors.take(3).join(', ')]} {[genres.take(3).join(', ')]} [{fn.match(/3D/)+', '}{"$vf, $ac@$af"}]
And created it as a new button named TV MOVIES. Linked it to thetvdb and created a second (thetvdb misses a lot of OLDER shows/movies) for TVMaze. I tested it on several TV Mini-series and TV MOVIES and they all worked like a dream!!!
Last edited by ChefGregS on 22 Mar 2018, 03:21, edited 3 times in total.
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

And the subject should have read

"CAN the PLEX movie DB be added??"
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

well the short answer is if NO API = Filebot will never get it...
so do you have a link to an API ?

you do know I themoviedb meant under TV/episode mode in Filebot?
maybe there is a way we can get "Mini-Series" (in 1 file) to get named e.g.
"Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic" instead of

"Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic - S01E01 - The Colour of Magic (1)"
or
"Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic - S01E01-E02 - The Colour of Magic & The Light Fantastic"

this is what you did with your format, but we need an universal way to detect if it's a "Mini-Series"...
on TVDB it looks like you can do this ?

{genres.contains('Mini-Series') ? 'Yes its a Mini-Series' :'NOT a Mini-Series'}

{genres.contains('Mini-Series') && type!='MultiEpisode' ? 'Yes its a Mini-Series in 1 file' :'NOT a Mini-Series'}
but what to do on TMDB ???

EDIT:
Info Filebot can use to detect Mini-Series / Miniseries on TMDB

"seasons": [
    {
      "air_date": "2015-11-04",
      "episode_count": 3,
      "id": 97919,
      "name": "Miniseries",
      "overview": "",
      "poster_path": null,
      "season_number": 1
    }
  ],
  "status": "Ended",
  "type": "Miniseries",
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

Not sure if I made myself clear....not saying you misread it..but just so that I clarify for others...the code I used, which is my MOVIE code...I used as a NEW button for TV movies.. having it call the information FROM the 3 TV sites (one button for each.) Thus, I just select it whenever I have this situation.

Do the databases use a mini-series genre?? I have not seen it, not that that means much... I know some will list a TV-Movie genre but not all. And some list that as first and some list it as 3rd and some 5th when they go that far.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

what I'm saying is...
if Filebot has a way to detect "Mini-Series" then you only need 1 format (TV / Mini-Series on TMDB)

on TVDB you can already do this with my code (if genres has "Mini-Series"):

{genres.contains('Mini-Series') && type!='MultiEpisode'  ? 'Yes its a Mini-Series in 1 file' :'NOT a Mini-Series'}
= if "Mini-Series" use movie format else use normal TV format

BUT I think there is a need for a universal way build into Filebot to detect if it's a "Mini-Series".