Filbot (Windows APP-store) Admin rights

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
casperse

Filbot (Windows APP-store) Admin rights

Post by casperse »

Hi

I keep getting a confirmation prompt when I process files? (This wasn't a problem before so maybe a update?)
I have to say yes to delete each left over directory.

Normal way for me to fix this would be to edit properties on shortcut to run as Admin.
BUT since this is from app-store there is no installation folder and there is no option to run as Admin
The users under security have admin rights, but Filebot keeps asking me for each and every folder (+100 folders to delete takes forever)

Best regards
Casperse
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filbot (Windows APP-store) Admin rights

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Can you take a screenshot? I haven't managed to get any such confirmation dialog on my test setup.

Running anything as admin is generally not a good idea, and this might be the reasons why you're getting the confirmation dialogs, if files are somehow owned by admin because they've previously been touched by admin.

:?: Do you get the same sort of issues if you process newly created test files on your Desktop?

Nothing has changed in this regard for many versions. Not sure how to fix it if I can't reproduce it. Also, Store apps can't be run as admin, so no easy work around neither.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.